Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Simonski
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Wiring Question

Post by Simonski »

Ok guys,

I have a guitar that I want to do a quick rewire on i would like it it be like this

2 volume pots and thats is. would this diagram allow me to 'blend' the pickups by rolling of the volume. Also if i roll a volume all the way down will i get just one pickup?

Lay the knowledge on me oh wise masters
diag.JPG
diag.JPG (8.11 KiB) Viewed 1708 times
THIS SPACE IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO LEASE Call 555-7226633 to lease

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Re: Wiring Question

Post by jeremyb »

I always use the seymour duncan site for stuff like this, looks like you're going with a standard LP style wiring but without tone pots, you can select a whole bunch of different options here: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

Simonski wrote:Ok guys,

I have a guitar that I want to do a quick rewire on i would like it it be like this

2 volume pots and thats is. would this diagram allow me to 'blend' the pickups by rolling of the volume. Also if i roll a volume all the way down will i get just one pickup?

Lay the knowledge on me oh wise masters
diag.JPG
you'll be able to blend, but if you roll all the way down on either pot you'll get nothing at all.
electrons want to go to earth.. if you short one of the pots to earth, they'll all head directly that way and avoid the pups completely.
if you could somehow make the pot go to open circuit (pot with a switch maybe?) then it would give you that functionality.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Ears
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Ears »

rocklander wrote: you'll be able to blend, but if you roll all the way down on either pot you'll get nothing at all.
Yes, so one solution is to put hot wires of each pup on the wipers, one end of each pot to earth and other ends to common output.
"The piano is a monster that screams when you touch its teeth". - Andres Segovia