Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Warmoth Custom Parts Site

Post by mr_sooty »

Just been put on to this site by a mate:

http://www.warmoth.com/

I know about Warmoth parts, but what has caught my attention is the 'body builder' and 'neck builder', not to mention the 'pickguard builder'. You can basically get anything you
could dream up, finishes, wood types, different kinds of top caps, neck shapes, fret sizes, inlays, fretboard radius', have unusual contol configurations routed into whatever body you choose, etc etc etc. It all looks rather awesome, and apparently it works out fairly cheap to get all the parts you need to build the guitar of your dreams. Some assembly required.

It's a rather cool site I must say.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 104 times

Re: Warmoth Custom Parts Site

Post by Aquila Rossa »

I have built many virtual guitars on that site. :)

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mr_sooty »

Aquila Rosso wrote:I have built many virtual guitars on that site. :)
Yeah, it's just a shame you can't see the whole guitar, you know? But it would be cool to do.

Timoes
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Timoes »

Been looking at Warmoth too. Untill I saw what this guy had to say. http://www.youtube.com/user/tonymckenzi ... mNerhTLaro
You Should Never Smoke in Pjamas. FZ.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 358 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

I have warmouth'd a few dream guitars too - but why dont any of the big manufacturers use their parts? like loads of big name brands do from the jap made, all parts or korean stuff? wondered aloud
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

Comments tend to be that they're spendy, compared to say what Crushing Day can supply.
Tin arse!!

Kev77
Mr Echo

Post by Kev77 »

better website but - and right thur is the bait (
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Timoes wrote:Been looking at Warmoth too. Untill I saw what this guy had to say. http://www.youtube.com/user/tonymckenzi ... mNerhTLaro
That has to be the most boring video I've seen in a long time though ;) I never found out what the problem was, I gave up before then.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Kev77
Mr Echo

Post by Kev77 »

short story - ol boy cork sniffer gets a royal shaft and charge form the geetar giant, and lives to tell the tale.,. slowly

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Timoes wrote:Been looking at Warmoth too. Untill I saw what this guy had to say. http://www.youtube.com/user/tonymckenzi ... mNerhTLaro
The video was too long for me to watch, but I've read his other gear reviews, and he seems to have too much money but no idea about gear. But he thinks he does, and thus comes off as a tool.

Assembled his guitar from a heap of other parts and calls it "from his custom shop"? Come on.
Terexgeek wrote:Comments tend to be that they're spendy, compared to say what Crushing Day can supply.
This must certainly be true for basic bodies but to their credit Warmoth DO offer a buttload of options. Shapes, wood combinations, routing, finishing, etc.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2491 times

Post by Slowy »

Terexgeek wrote:Comments tend to be that they're spendy, compared to say what Crushing Day can supply.
I looked a Warmoth for the Korinacaster's neck. In basic form, they were about 20% more expensive than Crushing Day and I was just building a working guitar. Warmoth would have been the place to go if I'd wanted a neck made from highly figured unobtanium, with a compound radius and weird custom profile.

All I needed was a fat stick showing a bit of flame and Crushing Day delivered magnificently. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

I got a warmoth neck and it's loverly, but I wanted a short scale maple fb with a large strat headstock.. since I didn't (still don't) know shyte from shyte about shyte I ended up with one that is too wide (as in the distance between the E strings .. is that the radius? width? buggered if I know) for me.. would rather it be narrower, and baseball bat fat given the option... but all in all I thought the price was fair for what I wanted.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Kev77 wrote:short story - ol boy cork sniffer gets a royal shaft and charge form the geetar giant, and lives to tell the tale.,. slowly
glad I didn't stay around, had a quick look at his GR-55 demo and decided he was a complete dick.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

BG wrote:
That has to be the most boring video I've seen in a long time though ;) I never found out what the problem was, I gave up before then.
This. That body looked pretty fricken outstanding to me. I've only had good experiences with Warmoth.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mr_sooty »

The main issue was that it was meant to come with a battery compartment but didn't, and he didn't think their backup service was much chop. Also he seemed pretty shocked at the bill, which is wierd given that the body builder gives you prices as you go and you can see how much each change costs as you do it, so there wouldn't have been any suprises I would have thought.