Self built and self assembly ;)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Karlmalised
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Its alive!

Post by Karlmalised »

I recently took apart my old Ibanez guitar so that i could spruce it up a bit. I repainted it, put some new pups in, put in some new pots and switches (including a 5 way switch for series/parrallel). I found sanding to be pretty easy with the auto sanding, except for those damned horns :evil: anyways i ended up using blue wood dye for this finish Image
I then covered it in a couple layers of tru-oil but I got a little lazy :/
Then put it together and wired it up and voila! Around $150 and a stained rental house later... the guitar is alive!
Heres a pic of the final finish: Image
I only have one real problem, all the positions on the switch are the same volume except for position 5 which is the bridge humbucker (assuming its wired correctly). Any suggestions? im thinking i might just get it wired properly once i have the money. Some upgrades i had were a humbucker from hell in neck position (which is disturbingly clear) and a Dual Sound in the bridge position. I put in some dimarzio pots and switches and put in a K40-Y Cap on. Only thing left is some elixir strings :D
On a another note, i dyed my p bass custom build at the same time, heres how it turned out (looks green in natural light but almost black otherwise!)
Now its being built by Kenny Duncan in Wellington, i cant wait!