Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4186 times

Re: Projects in the pipeline thread!

Post by jeremyb »

willow13 wrote:then finish it properly later :roll:
Never gonna happen. Speaking from experience :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

jeremyb wrote:
willow13 wrote:then finish it properly later :roll:
Never gonna happen. Speaking from experience :lol:
I think it was my way of saying i'm gonna rush it and live with it :rofl: :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

:lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

The body and some parts arrived today from Adrian, so my daughter and I can get started on finishing the body now and start the project in earnest :)

as promised here are a couple of photos of the pieces and a quick trial assembly:
The Parts
The Parts
Test Fit
Test Fit
This is actually my daughters birthday present so it's going to be a general purpose electric for a beginner/intermediate pre-teen player. Although it's interesting to note that her 6 year old brother discovered pick scrapes within about 2 minutes of actually plugging a 3/4 size electric into a practice amp so who knows what type of sounds she'll end up making with this in the long run :)

*apologies for the small iPhone pictures but I haven't had chance o get the decent shots off the DSLR yet, and we're documenting the process for her so she can make a project book or similar out of it, so I'm not actually going to be posting many/any pictures of it until she's revealed it. Also I had to shrink the pics quite small to fit on here anyway

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

holy hell that looks like a great body for a project ...... can you be my dad to???

:moresarc:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

I've got a tele project that I'm in the process of working on. Not quite as exciting as an old sg, but there does seem to be some blood and it feces on it, so that's quite exciting.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Polar Bear wrote:I've got a tele project that I'm in the process of working on. Not quite as exciting as an old sg, but there does seem to be some blood and it feces on it, so that's quite exciting.
meh, its still a tele, no matter how much you bleed or shit on it
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM

Post by Polar Bear »

Can't make it worse though, right? I'm planning on putting it back together with a combination of primary school paste and epoxy.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Polar Bear wrote:Can't make it worse though, right? I'm planning on putting it back together with a combination of primary school paste and epoxy.
you can't make it worse, but you need some italian cars in there to make it right.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1047 times

Post by kdawg2a »

sty wrote:The body and some parts arrived today from Adrian, so my daughter and I can get started on finishing the body now and start the project in earnest :)

as promised here are a couple of photos of the pieces and a quick trial assembly:
1theparts.jpg
2thefitsml.jpg
This is actually my daughters birthday present so it's going to be a general purpose electric for a beginner/intermediate pre-teen player. Although it's interesting to note that her 6 year old brother discovered pick scrapes within about 2 minutes of actually plugging a 3/4 size electric into a practice amp so who knows what type of sounds she'll end up making with this in the long run :)

*apologies for the small iPhone pictures but I haven't had chance o get the decent shots off the DSLR yet, and we're documenting the process for her so she can make a project book or similar out of it, so I'm not actually going to be posting many/any pictures of it until she's revealed it. Also I had to shrink the pics quite small to fit on here anyway

Very cool John! That is going to be one nice looking piece of kit when finished and what a great hands on project for the kids!
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

+1 that looks amazing John!

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

The Tele special is on it's way to completion. I threw my cabronita's neck on it and strung it up not long ago. Sounds pretty great as is, though the intonation could do with some work.

Basic concept is a Les Paul Special I can drop. Inspired by playing a custom shop tele jr way back in the day. Most of the hardware came from Ishibashi on my first Tokyo trip. Gibson P90s, chosen because I liked them in my old LPjr and they were available on the day.

Final steps for this will be swapping in a korina/rosewood gibson scale neck from Adrian and putting on a black Cabronita style pick guard. I should probably try and give it a more robust finish at some point, but I do like raw korina.

It's going so well I'm tempted to build a humbucker version.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

handlefras
Gibson
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by handlefras »

Yeah that raw Korina looks great.
Too many guitars, not enough talent.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM

Post by Polar Bear »

BG wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:Can't make it worse though, right? I'm planning on putting it back together with a combination of primary school paste and epoxy.
you can't make it worse, but you need some italian cars in there to make it right.
:congrats:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Looking good Martin, does needs that black la cab pickguard tho'!! :)
Last edited by jeremyb on Fri May 02, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.