Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Show us your workshop

Post by Molly »

Bg wrote:
Molly wrote:Definitely heftier than I was expecting. Putting that middle pickup in the Tele so that's its first job. :thumbup:

Next I'm planning a routing table so I can look at adding binding.
I've made my router tables in the past. But I have to say https://www.bunnings.co.nz/ozito-router ... _p00246394 I got one of these a few weeks ago, and its surprisingly good. for a couple of hand shandy, its excellent.

My half inch router lives there, thats another bargain - the ryobi half inch router - keep your receipt, 24 months guarantee, invariably craps out within a year or so, its a perpetual new router.
I did look at that table this morning when doing a bit of research. Typically the Ashburton Bunnings didn't have one. Take it my Bosch won't attach to that table?

Have been mentally drawing-up the bench I'm going to make and was wondering about how the router might be mounted, and about the slidy-bits (technical term) I'll need to do this sort of thing:

Anyway, ideally don't really want to fork-out another $100 for the Ozito router.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

yeah it will, you may have to drill new holes for the base - I did for the ryobi but it only took 10 mins, haven't tried the bosch in it. Its basically a universal fitting (though not for ryobi apparently)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Slowy wrote:
willow13 wrote:
those multi tools are fucking great..probably the best tool I own
But they're as bad as buying a printer; you sure get reamed on replacement blades.
yes this is true, probably why I haven't replaced any blades yet. The smoke the billows off a couple of the blades is shocking :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

willow13 wrote:
Slowy wrote:
willow13 wrote:
those multi tools are fucking great..probably the best tool I own
But they're as bad as buying a printer; you sure get reamed on replacement blades.
yes this is true, probably why I haven't replaced any blades yet. The smoke the billows off a couple of the blades is shocking :rofl:
Explains the odd fire you've had.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

jeremyb wrote:I have the same one too, works great!
And me. Had it for about 4 years and no issues.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jay »

Bg wrote:
Molly wrote:Definitely heftier than I was expecting. Putting that middle pickup in the Tele so that's its first job. :thumbup:

Next I'm planning a routing table so I can look at adding binding.
I've made my router tables in the past. But I have to say https://www.bunnings.co.nz/ozito-router ... _p00246394 I got one of these a few weeks ago, and its surprisingly good. for a couple of hand shandy, its excellent.

My half inch router lives there, thats another bargain - the ryobi half inch router - keep your receipt, 24 months guarantee, invariably craps out within a year or so, its a perpetual new router.

Interesting. I made my table as you can see in second photo of OP. The table top could have been 'more even' with the countersunk router mounting plate.

And I have to use a strong tape to keep the power switch always engaged. So start/stop is from the wall. Not ideal!

The attachments showing in that add is what I am missing...

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

yeah, I've made mine from MDF in the past but my workshop gets too damp at the moment - need to waterproof the concrete as its rising through it :( so the mdf expands causing the router table to be less than flat... but yeah I'm chuffed with that for 2 hand shandies. And I have my 1/2" router permanently mounted to it (I bypassed the hand switch) so it saves on setup time.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

I made the mistake of lining a new Versatile garage with MDF. Come winter it just bowed-out all over the place. Obviously I should've allowed for expansion. You live and learn.

Ordered that Ozito table, Bg. :thumbup:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

choice!

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jay »

Molly wrote:I made the mistake of lining a new Versatile garage with MDF. Come winter it just bowed-out all over the place. Obviously I should've allowed for expansion. You live and learn.

Great, Let me know how easy (or not ) it is to fit that router. I could be tempted if it is a perfect fit....

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

jvpp wrote:
Molly wrote:I made the mistake of lining a new Versatile garage with MDF. Come winter it just bowed-out all over the place. Obviously I should've allowed for expansion. You live and learn.

Great, Let me know how easy (or not ) it is to fit that router. I could be tempted if it is a perfect fit....
Any hit of difficulty and I'll just buy the feckin' Ozito one too.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

its really just a case of drilling four holes and countersinking if it doesn't fit.... 10 mins of your time lol I would suspect the Bosch will fit anyway

You'll be happy fannying around with boxjoints but not spending 10 mins making your router fit the table ? ;) ffs hand in your man card.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Just leaving this here ....

:mental:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Bg wrote:its really just a case of drilling four holes and countersinking if it doesn't fit.... 10 mins of your time lol I would suspect the Bosch will fit anyway

You'll be happy fannying around with boxjoints but not spending 10 mins making your router fit the table ? ;) ffs hand in your man card.
Experience has taught me not to fight this stuff. Sometimes you buy one brand of Chinese tool then find no friggin' parts fit it or it's incompatible in some other way. Then you fuck around for hours trying to make it work. If it's an easy fit I'll do it but if it's not I just buy the one they want you to buy. Baaaaastards.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

as I said, Mancard NOW! How does drilling 4 holes in the right place take hours? You're talking about making extremely accurate boxjoints which will take a long time just for setup, dude. Take it all back and get a refund.