null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Re: Jazzmaster build - NSFW fauxjo content

Post by null_pointer »

I have absolutely no need for a JM. The last one I had passed through my hands quite quickly. I play no music that is better played on a JM than any of the other ton of guitars I own.

But damn I want one again now. Thanks for nothing Grant.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I love the pickguard and I bet that neck is a monster :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

bender wrote:Definitely up for comparing mine. It has AVRI 65 pickups in it. I've modded the rhythm circuit in mine to include both pickups instead of neck pup only and it's great. I use it all the time like that. The rhythm circuit is a hugely wasted opportunity IMO- quick switch for a completely different sound seems like a great idea to me. Although I'm tempted to redo mine like this but with master tone and master bass cut as the tone controls for added versatilities.
I can say for a fact that your guitar Ben is individually killer as is...great neck and tone.

Someone asked about chime? Yes, the hot SDs are very chimey, open and papery, with great miuth feel.

The neck really is freakin great...not for everyone I'm sure due to manly girth, but I really dig it. Akin to a fat Tele style neck without the shoulder.

The body is very light.

Playing it in anger produces a little bit of an issue in that i hit the pickup selector switch.

Now, to sort out that fandangled monster length trem arm.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Papery? Banned....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Did you go down a string gauge compared to what you normally run on your Gibsons to account for the longer scale length?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

jeremyb wrote:Did you go down a string gauge compared to what you normally run on your Gibsons to account for the longer scale length?
Counter-intuitively, they actually suit heavier strings. Mine has 12s where every other guitar has 11s.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

bender wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Did you go down a string gauge compared to what you normally run on your Gibsons to account for the longer scale length?
Counter-intuitively, they actually suit heavier strings. Mine has 12s where every other guitar has 11s.
Mmmm P90's love the fatties, but was more thinking from a bending perspective, it's noticeable when switching :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

bender wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:HI Grant,

The guitar looks great! You've solved the two issues for me that bug me about the Jazzmaster. The wiring schematic, and the bridge. Adrian changed the wiring on my Jazzmaster and it made a very notceable difference.

Well done!!!
What did he change it to?
I had all of the same features, more or less- it with different pot and cap values, but it sounded so much nicer. I meant to copy the schematic when I sold it, but I didn't have time to do it. I like the idea of what Grant has done.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.