meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: Pickguard Plastic

Post by Jay »

Molly wrote:
bender wrote:
Molly wrote:
Close call with one of the screw holes. Chipped a bit but didn't break. With the control holes I went up in .5mm increments just to be on the safe side.

Not an ideal material. If I can find something a tad thinner (this is 3mm - 2mm would be ideal I think) I can always get another cut at work.
https://www.guitarparts.co.nz/pickguard ... heets.html

What about that?

BTW, Dibs on that tele.
Thanks for the link. The local sign maker bloke put me on to a supplier in Christchurch but did say I might have to buy a huge sheet of the stuff.

Dibs noted but dozens have come and gone since I got this Tele and nothing has tempted me to part with it. Took the neck off yesterday. In pen it says 'Bender'. :-)
The 'real' pickguard material is softer and more forgiving than the stuff you and I have used.

Could you provide that supplier's details please?
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Pickguard Plastic

Post by Molly »

jvpp wrote:
The 'real' pickguard material is softer and more forgiving than the stuff you and I have used.

Could you provide that supplier's details please?
Yeah. This is just 3mm acrylic. It's that stuff with a peel-off layer and mirror-like finish. Will find the supplier ref. and pass it on.

I made my first pickguard about 35 years ago. Wanted a single humbucker Strat. Found a hobby shop that had suitable plastic and spent bloody hours carefully scoring over and over again until it was through. Finished item looked great all things considered. The chisel work underneath to accommodate the humbucker was less impressive... Still, it was only an original Squier Strat... :-( I also added a 22nd fret and made my own Charvel decal. I probably completely fucked that guitar.