number 21...the coming of age build

Self built and self assembly ;)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: number 21...the coming of age build

Post by Mini Forklift »

Lawrence wrote:offers? :wink:
Can't right now as I'm trying to sell a few things to buy something that I have my eye on. But maybe in the future :wink:

Visually it looks pretty close to the Patrick Eggle Berlin models, and that's a guitar that is on my bucket list to own at some point

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Lawrence, what bridge is that on here? Looks like a good alternative to the Gibson lightning....
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

GrantB wrote:Lawrence, what bridge is that on here? Looks like a good alternative to the Gibson lightning....
the bridge is from GFS...its all brass and the sliding pieces lock from both sides with grub screws - which is how its intonated. Its quite nice e - I had two strings not clearing the slot nicely. I had to work the slots to clear any burrs in there. Oh and its $42 US!
Ill use again.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by H671 »

It's a modern take on the bridge on my Harmony which has the same 2 screw method of adjusting intonation.
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

Jehu
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Jehu »

Damn, beauty! I dig the jack orientation... I assume you had the old cable-looped-through-the-strap trick in mind? I'm surprised I haven't seen that anywhere before.
Jay

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

Jehu wrote:Damn, beauty! I dig the jack orientation... I assume you had the old cable-looped-through-the-strap trick in mind? I'm surprised I haven't seen that anywhere before.
me neither - Ive been doing this since about Number 7 I think...it just works so beautifully. Im really surpised its not the norm. Ibanez have had it at 90 degrees on the Talman, but Ive never seen this elsewhere.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

That jack orientation is pure genius.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.