Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

otisredding
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 2 times

Slow blues thing....

Post by otisredding »

Simen Taylor played the Piano in Norway and emailed it to me 8) .... some sampled horns....the rest is me.

:D

I call it 'My Riley'.
My Riley.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Slow blues thing....

Post by Rog »

Darren I noticed you used Min Hemmens (Steve) and Mike Fullerton is the past. We all went to school together. Are they still in London?
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

El Chris
Squier

Post by El Chris »

Bastard had to copyright it, now i can't nick it and claim it was mine. Jealous :cry:

Damn some parts you sound so much like Otis Rush.. but mostly like you, which is awesome 8)

That pianay aint bad either

Timoes
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 106 times

Post by Timoes »

Great stuff. Thanks.
You Should Never Smoke in Pjamas. FZ.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Awesome! Simen said he'd played on some tracks for your next album. Smooth work as always. God bless you. 8)

Are you doing most of your recording at your home studio?
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

otisredding
Fender

Post by otisredding »

Hi Darcy . . .

Simen played on some demos . . . this one didn't make the cut unfortunately.
Turns out acoustic piano didn't suit the vibe of the album at all - so mostly it's me playing Wurly, Rhodes and Hammond . .

Yep, most of the new album was recorded at home and at a few other rooms in Welly...

There isn't anything really this 'trad' on the new album - hard to describe but imagine a cross between Robert Cray, Elvis Costello, Tom Waits, and Captain Beefheart.... with a little 70s Clapton via Stax/Hi-style soul.
I'm really proud of it - it's l lo-fi and interesting and everything has a real big, 'in the pocket' feel.
My favourite track I recorded with just one mic - the only cover - a solo slide version of Otis Rush's 'My Love Will Never Die'. It's pretty spooky stuff, man.

It'll be out in Feb/March next year.

I've got 40-odd songs that didn't make the cut.... :shock: Some of 'em are pretty good but they just didn't sit with the other material so well. I'm fan of albums that work as a whole rather than just a collection of unrelated tunes.

Anyway, just thought seeing as everyone was posting their demos I'd pop something of mine up there? 8)
Love playing that BB/Otis style slow/medium blues stuff and Simen is great (Like I need to tell YOU?) :wink:

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

That's really nice, man. Cool feel, and the tone fits really well. Good stuff. 8)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

otisredding
Fender

Post by otisredding »

Rog wrote:Darren I noticed you used Min Hemmens (Steve) and Mike Fullerton is the past. We all went to school together. Are they still in London?
I don't recall ever playing with Mike, but yeah Steve was fricking great to play with. Nice feel and a top bloke. He was actually back here for about six months trying to live in NZ again... but he couldn't handle the (lack of) pace and he moved back to London a couple of months ago. While he was here he held an exhibition (he's a gifted painter as I'm sure you know) called 'Some Stations On The Way To The Cross' - he always was great with a triple entendre.

Cheers 8)

cerealkiller
Squier

Post by cerealkiller »

great sound and playing. thanks for sharing 8)

El Chris
Squier

Post by El Chris »

wish there was somewhere with backing tracks that good..

otisredding
Fender

Post by otisredding »

I'm planning to do an instructional DVD late next year and it should have 6 or 7 goodish backing tracks included.

8)

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 418 times
Been liked: 1022 times

Post by bender »

Way cool Darren! Can't wait to hear the album.