Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

sambrowne
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Calling all vocalist types!

Post by sambrowne »

This is GREAT Todd! Better mix too with the vocals a little more buried. Pitching is much better this time around. Cool, bro. Nice job.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

I'm really liking it. I meant for the vocals to come in on the verse after the backwards guitar loop finished, but I can always extend the verse to fit the vocals, or take the loop out 2 bars earlier. Or maybe leave the loop in behind the vocals. What do you guys think?

Badmotor, can you respond to my PM?

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

Basket Case wrote:I'm really liking it. I meant for the vocals to come in on the verse after the backwards guitar loop finished, but I can always extend the verse to fit the vocals, or take the loop out 2 bars earlier. Or maybe leave the loop in behind the vocals. What do you guys think?

Yeah, I purposely sang 6 lines instead of 4 to confuse you :D Plus, leaving it for 4 bars always seems too long before the vocals come in (at least for me), so I only waited 2. I like the slightly 'non conventional' approach.

Already answered PM :)

edit: so who does Basketcase have to sleep with at NZ on Air?
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

Basket Case wrote:I'm really liking it. I meant for the vocals to come in on the verse after the backwards guitar loop finished, but I can always extend the verse to fit the vocals, or take the loop out 2 bars earlier. Or maybe leave the loop in behind the vocals. What do you guys think?

It works as is for me.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

critter01
Ashton
Ashton

Post by critter01 »

Daamm !!! thats a great song,excellent performance on vocals. all you need is a touch of B.vocals in the chorus perhaps .almost "Alice in chains" sounding. i really like it.cheers

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Basket Case »

Thanks man. I've done a bit of work on the mix so I'll post up a better sounding version in the next few days. I'm trying to come up with something different for the bridge guitar riff. It sounds a bit too happy :lol:

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 740 times
Been liked: 512 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Awesome piece indeed.

Hey Basket Case are we still on for the X Bridge sale ?

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Basket Case »

Sorry man, the Gotoh trem still hasn't arrived (must be coming via a leaky canoe). I think you might have to move on with something else.

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

critter01 wrote:Daamm !!! thats a great song,excellent performance on vocals. all you need is a touch of B.vocals in the chorus perhaps .almost "Alice in chains" sounding. i really like it.cheers
Hey - thanks for the comments on the vocals. Alice In Chains is one of my fav.s, so an reference back in that direction gets me excited :D - needs a harmony in the chorus, yeah.

Full credit to Mr. Basketcase for writing great music, makes the vocals easy.
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Basket Case »

I've made a few subtle changes: Made the backwards loop fit around the vocals, added fx to the vocal track and tried to get rid of some noise (Todd, you HAVE to use headphones when you sing next time! :lol: ).

I'm pretty proud of this. It's been stuck in my head all week! There are a few things I want to improve, but generally I think it's pretty good. It's hard to be objective about something you've become so familiar with.

Thanks for adding your skills Todd! (I could swear you're singing "around here our virgins bled.") :lol:

Any comments welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

Great - I'll check this when I get home from work. Yeah - sorry about all the noise... I found I sing better with headphones off and speakers cranked :D . Bad , I know.

Bleeding virgins! :shock:

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

3 thumbs up. That was great :)
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Yeah, that rules.

Imagine some Cornell/Staley harmonies and put them in. A wailing harmony on the last section would kill.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

critter01
Ashton
Ashton

Post by critter01 »

Basketcase,if you have any more of these gems.please share! i can imagine someone like Kristie or even BG could lend there vocal talents to your music and lyrics.just to let you know,i have had your final edit playing on loop most of the day at work and it is safe to say that its getting a lot of thumbs up here.keep it up.cheers

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Basket Case »

Wow, thanks! Yeah I have some more tracks that were done on a PC running a couple of different DAWs, but the PC died and took the multitracks with it. Now I'm one of those snobby Mac users :lol: I have some half songs mixed down but I basically need to redo them all.