Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

h3x3d
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: NZ Music Month - One Minute Song

Post by h3x3d »

Stig wrote:Some say he once did some time in a prison in Canterbury because his teddy is called "The Baby Jesus" and some say if he tried to squeeze a song into a minute, it would end up being 1:15. All we know is he's called the Stig.
Saveourchildren.mp3
Very nice feel to this track. Spacious. 8)

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 409 times

Post by dayl »

ash wrote:
Show us the beatz, Dayl!
I just tried :( corrupt via PC to flash transfer by the looks. They bounced down in mono too for some strange reason, which wasted a lot of set up time. Will address this and get back into it tonight.... when I get back from the advance screening of 'Book of Eli' 8)

Robs drums are sounding muito clean and sweet. Rob... it's as simple as this........ write a 1min drum track..... no drums = the song is OVER! stop playing... just like that :lol: :wink: :P

rob_on_guitar
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Post by rob_on_guitar »

h3x3d wrote:
rob_on_guitar wrote:Dammit, I started recording another minute song and it turned into 3 minutes lol
Well here is what I did tonight. All 3mins, Dont worry about the solo, its only there so I know what part to rip it up in when I do the proper version, this is unmixed and stuck in my head now...
That's awesome. The intro riff reminds me of an idea I came up with myself. How did you do the guitars? Did you mic or us software? Good job :twisted:
Cool cool, I panned the dirty clean guitars 100% left/right, then panned the distorted guitars 70% left and right. Bass is sitting dead centre but I normally pann it 10% left or right.
Was using pod farm custom tones that i played around with. Not to happy with the lead tone though....or the lead but will play around with that.

And Ill throw some minute drumtracks together....even though I said that yesterday, but I meant tonight lol

h3x3d
Stagg
Stagg

Post by h3x3d »

rob_on_guitar wrote:
h3x3d wrote:
rob_on_guitar wrote:Dammit, I started recording another minute song and it turned into 3 minutes lol
Well here is what I did tonight. All 3mins, Dont worry about the solo, its only there so I know what part to rip it up in when I do the proper version, this is unmixed and stuck in my head now...
That's awesome. The intro riff reminds me of an idea I came up with myself. How did you do the guitars? Did you mic or us software? Good job :twisted:
Cool cool, I panned the dirty clean guitars 100% left/right, then panned the distorted guitars 70% left and right. Bass is sitting dead centre but I normally pann it 10% left or right.
Was using pod farm custom tones that i played around with. Not to happy with the lead tone though....or the lead but will play around with that.

And Ill throw some minute drumtracks together....even though I said that yesterday, but I meant tonight lol

Cool. Yeah, that's pretty much what I do - guitar-wise. I've never tried panning the bass though - any reason why you do this?

I find sometimes with amp sims that you can spend too much time trying to get a sound. And you can also settle as you have the ability to go back and make changes. I'm looking forward to experimenting with micing my new cab up. I think it'll get rid of some options and hopefully I'll be more efficient.

I'm assuming that was a real bass on there...?

You've gotta love DFH ;) Have you tried Metal Foundry?

rob_on_guitar
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by rob_on_guitar »

I normally pan the bass slightly to give more sound space for the vocals or lead guitar, adds a bit of clarity as the centre tends to get taken up.

As for the bass yup its a real bass, Ive been practising alot to pass myself of as an ok bass player lol

Tone wise I have a very particular sound I like to play different sections in my head, Im pretty good at getting them so the sims are not the issue, doubling and tripling the guitars convincingly so they sound as one is my hardest trick lol

rob_on_guitar
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by rob_on_guitar »

Heres a little minute drum track
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 409 times

Post by dayl »

rob_on_guitar wrote:Heres a little minute drum track
Coolio dude.

Any requests? bpm etc? I'll try and throw a package together over the next few days or so.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

Okay, this is my first ever attempt at recording, in terms of playing i'm still very much a beginner and its out of time in a few spots but as Ash said its for works in progress, its also a bit long, doh.... but you get the jist of what I'm aiming for :)

Plan is to refine it over the next week or so, add some drums and bass etc...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Nice one, JB! Jakob is rubbing off on you. 8)

Thanks for the drum track, Rob.
I might see if my computer can make use of it. :D
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

rob_on_guitar
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by rob_on_guitar »

jeremyb wrote:Okay, this is my first ever attempt at recording, in terms of playing i'm still very much a beginner and its out of time in a few spots but as Ash said its for works in progress, its also a bit long, doh.... but you get the jist of what I'm aiming for :)

That intro is kick ass!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Awww schucks, cheers guys!! Stoked you like it!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by Michael »

so in the interest of participation, i cracked open a bottle of my finest JW red, grabbed my acoustic, flexed my newbie hands and sat infront of a mic.

this is the result.

the timing is a bit off (note to self: less scotch and cigarettes, more practise), so that's one of the many things i'd like to fix. i've discovered that a minute is not a very long time. that reversed/phased descending part i don't like at all. would have preferred to do something on my strat but guitar rig didn't want to work. got some pretty significant changes to the feel/grove in mind that i'd like to make over the course of the month.

take it easy on me... first time really uploading anything :P

also: i hate the onscreen keyboard a lot.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

jeremyb wrote:Okay, this is my first ever attempt at recording, in terms of playing i'm still very much a beginner and its out of time in a few spots but as Ash said its for works in progress, its also a bit long, doh.... but you get the jist of what I'm aiming for :)

Good stuff homie!

What's that pitch shifty delay effect at the start? Some VST thing?

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Super stuff, Michael! That belongs in the opening credits of a wilderness movie.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Jenesis wrote:

Good stuff homie!

What's that pitch shifty delay effect at the start? Some VST thing?
:D its a patch I made up in guitar rig 4, I used 2 of the 'Grain delays', one setup to reverse the other set to get the shimmer and a 'Quad delay' set to forever to do the repeats, all going thru a clean mesa style amp and cab :)