Tailor Made - Sweden

Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

Pakehendrix
Big Muff
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Tailor Made - Sweden

Post by Pakehendrix »

Totes bro, totes. I just reckon it's interesting how lyrics are considered massively important when it comes to songwriting, royalties etc. and even genre, and yet really if we looked at it, there'd be about three genres:

Happy
Sad
Angry

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

Wikipedia wrote:...MacKaye also traces it to 1985, attributing it to an article in Thrasher magazine referring to Embrace and other Washington, D.C. bands as "emo-core", which he called "the stupidest fucking thing I’ve ever heard in my entire life."[8]
When I think Emo, I think very whining "melodic" vocals that make me want to Tattoo "HTFU" on someone's forehead. At least, that is my interpretation.

The real silly thing, is that "Emo" is meant to be short for emotional.
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 845 times
Been liked: 359 times

Post by jimi »

druz15 wrote:
Pakehendrix wrote:I would argue that it's more about the delivery than the content. If we're talking lyrics, then a lot of metal bands, crooners and blues musicians pretty much own the entire Emo genre...
exactly. I dare you to tell James Hetfield to his face his lyrics are emo.

Admittedly I've only ever listened to 1 metallica album, and that was almost 20 years ago, but Nothing Else Matters and Unforgiven were both pretty emo, the only other track title I remember was Enter Sandman, and thats bordering on emo too. Nothing Else Matters also gets the most air time of any Metallica tracks on C4 as far as I've noticed, and the video makes them look like a bunch of D&D nerds. Just add some black eye liner and you're there I reckon.

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

So what is this band? I didnt really hear any lyrics in the clips. Is it metal?

Just read this.

A modern and unique blend of melodic thrash, full of groove, hooks and unrelenting heaviness, brimming with venom and vitriol. 'The Mark of Man' represents an expression of rage at the various injustices in the world today... "Man's inhumanity to himself and others, human and non-human alike.

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

FYI for a perfect example of a New Zealand band that could confidently be labelled as 'Emo', try and track down a hamilton band called This Night Creeps. They were around 7-8 years ago and were awesome. I always knew that style of music to be 'emo'

It was really weird when My Chemical Romance got huge and all this mini goths started being called Emo. I always knew emo from 9, 10 years ago as backpack wearing, sweater vest, Spock/Vulvan haircuts and large black rim glasses, listening to Hot Water Music and Grade :lol:

Anywho, track sounds good. Myspace compression completely kills the mix though.

Guitar wise - reamp with Zorran with Engls?

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

jimi wrote:
druz15 wrote:
Pakehendrix wrote:I would argue that it's more about the delivery than the content. If we're talking lyrics, then a lot of metal bands, crooners and blues musicians pretty much own the entire Emo genre...
exactly. I dare you to tell James Hetfield to his face his lyrics are emo.

Admittedly I've only ever listened to 1 metallica album, and that was almost 20 years ago, but Nothing Else Matters and Unforgiven were both pretty emo, the only other track title I remember was Enter Sandman, and thats bordering on emo too. Nothing Else Matters also gets the most air time of any Metallica tracks on C4 as far as I've noticed, and the video makes them look like a bunch of D&D nerds. Just add some black eye liner and you're there I reckon.
yeah. Just FYI I don't actually like Metallica I'm just saying if you are gonna judge by lyrics only, then Metallica is emo as, which is obviously not true
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 845 times
Been liked: 359 times

Post by jimi »

druz15 wrote:yeah. Just FYI I don't actually like Metallica I'm just saying if you are gonna judge by lyrics only, then Metallica is emo as, which is obviously not true
yeah yeah, its all just trolling and taking a cheap shot when you can eh.