Jam Track Central/Guitar Noize Blues Solo Comp.

Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Re: Jam Track Central/Guitar Noize Blues Solo Comp.

Post by Bg »

willow13 wrote:
benderissimo wrote:I'd be a lot more into it if the prize wasn't a PRS SE. :?

Actually, having to submit a video is more off-putting.
looks alright to me, although I don't like the 24frets and the non maple fretboard..... :?

I think I want BG hat.............. 8) 8) 8) (seriously I do)
plenty of room to keep sandwich's in there too :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

cerealkiller
Squier

Post by cerealkiller »

NZRS-Dave wrote:cerealkiller ... that's wazzzz pretty choice. I think I have to give you 9/10 for performance too.

There were some slightly odd notes in there but only a couple and on a few re-listens I would probably get used to them.

Do you like Pink Floyd at all? Even slightly?

:D
Hi Dave
cheers too kind :) there are probably due to me having my eyes closed most of the time lol.
Funny you said that cus when I was with my old band people quite often come up to me mentioning Pink Floyd and I've never heard of them. Back then I was hugely in SRV and Jimi Page. Now that I have I can sort of tell where that comes from :) Thanks for listening man

cerealkiller
Squier

Post by cerealkiller »

Chickenman wrote:
NZRS-Dave wrote:There were some slightly odd notes in there

Vibrato, on the bends it's pushing it out and it's very fast and nervous - otherwise... Cerealkiller you have great feel and I really enjoy your playing. I too have some slightly dodgy first finger vibrato on occasion, it's one of the hardest things to "fix" without some decent metronome time and I'm not sure if (and I may be waaaay off) Cereal uses a metronome often (I say this because of the organic and natural feel he has).
hi man thanks for the input. Appreciate it I know what you mean by the vibrato thing. But to me I kinda of like it's being a bit " drunken" and uneven it's kinda of something comes out naturally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CWoFPOrOjA
I remember when I was playing I thought to myself that's an weird sounding bend.. let's do that again lol but really like how it turned out

lol @ the metronome thing cus it's something I practice with all the time. There are actually lots of ways to play along with metronome with organic feel. That's kind of the point of practicing with metronome:)

Cheers for listening dude

Chickenman
Stagg
Stagg
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Chickenman »

cerealkiller wrote:That's kind of the point of practicing with metronome:)

I still approach the metro as a rigid thing - all about cost vs reward etc but I do agree with what I think you are saying - I tend to work on new ideas with no metronome until I find something that doesn't fit under my fingers then use it in a focused and efficient way so that most of my playing is jamming these days compared to when I was 17 and I did 6-8 hours a day for a few months months learning to play really fast and without feeling admittedly it was the first year I had picked up a pick - I thought I was Jeff beck until then >.>) :?

cerealkiller
Squier

Post by cerealkiller »

Chickenman wrote:
cerealkiller wrote:That's kind of the point of practicing with metronome:)

I still approach the metro as a rigid thing - all about cost vs reward etc but I do agree with what I think you are saying - I tend to work on new ideas with no metronome until I find something that doesn't fit under my fingers then use it in a focused and efficient way so that most of my playing is jamming these days compared to when I was 17 and I did 6-8 hours a day for a few months months learning to play really fast and without feeling admittedly it was the first year I had picked up a pick - I thought I was Jeff beck until then >.>) :?

yeah pretty much the same here althought I don't really practice lead guitar these days at all. In fact 90 percent of time I like to work on ideas and parts and something really changed about my practice rountine that I think the best practice is to put together a song.. can be really tidious too but it forces you to think more if you know what I mean :)
of course still prefer jamming with real people but since I am bandless ( well just couple of duo gigs in restaurents ) so.

Hey some awesome stuff on your facebook page. enjoying Jasmin a lot. Good stuff

rob_on_guitar
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Post by rob_on_guitar »

Ever did that one killer take but forgot to do the record thing?

oh fuk...

Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by Michael »

rob_on_guitar wrote:Ever did that one killer take but forgot to do the record thing?

oh fuk...
That's why, thanks to technology and my PC's ability to store a large amount of data, I always chuck a mic infront my guitar whenever I'm havin a jam. It's especially useful when jamming 'not-sober' and you generally don't remember that sweet riff/lick you came up with the next day.