Greg
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

New demo up(mix feedback welcome)

Post by Greg »

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/thisflighttonight

The new one is 'Unborn'.

Still learning my way around my recording equipment. Would really appreciate any feedback on the tone of each instrument/application of effects/mix levels etc.

Trying to see how much of an album-ready recording I can do at home, then do the other parts at a studio. My equipment should be good enough for the whole thing, but the issue is learning to do it well enough fast enough :?

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 657 times

Re: New demo up(mix feedback welcome)

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Crap electric guitar tone at the start, double tracked but slightly out of tune.
Vocal pronunciation not very clear + intonation a bit funky. great acoustic guitar + drum parts and tones. Bass good. Guitar lead parts better but still tone not great, pretty predictable.

Like the break down, but after that the guitar playing one note for a million bars is a bit annoying. maybe would work better much lower in the mix.
could do with more drums in the built up bits.

overall song is very radiohead, man, you could mistake it for a new radiohead single . . .

Sounds very critical, but I'm being honest. (please don't hate me!)

I think the song and your band are sounding great. I really like the track Friendly Fire, very clever song.

Greg
Ashton
Ashton

Re: New demo up(mix feedback welcome)

Post by Greg »

:lol:

Much better than 'sounds awesome wow that was great' (but not really) type feedback 8)

The double tracking being out of tune is probably since it was done on two different guitars - intonation issues - so noted for when we record it properly.

What aspect of the guitar tone bothers you?