Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

HANGMAN
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Johnny Cash Cover "Big River"

Post by HANGMAN »

Truth is (as you will hear) Im no great singer or guitarist but that doesnt stop me loving doing both lol!

Love Cash's 50's stuff... "Big River"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bumqe1Oq_pg[/youtube]

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Johnny Cash Cover "Big River"

Post by NZRS-Dave »

NIce stuff. Don't get too much country stuff around these parts ... so that was great to hear.

I might be playing Folsom Prison tomorrow. I might be playing some country tomorrow
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

HANGMAN
Ashton
Ashton

Post by HANGMAN »

Cheers Dave, yeah Ive been getting right into country, blues and gospel as of late . great music for the people!

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

I didn't even get to play. Don't know if you have heard of Clark Reid (http://www.clarkreid.co.nz/) but I played with him when he lived in ChCh. He came down yesterday for a few hours and played an earthquake fundraiser gig. He said to bring my bass, but I wasn't sure whether I would make it. As it turns out he played with the CoalRangers / Hetherington Family Band backing him. It's pretty tough to say 'hey ummmm Des, you mind if Dave gets up and does a couple'? Not the sort of thing you do without pre-arranging it.

What was great was that he'd never played with them before, and the drummer (youngest son) was playing songs he probably had never heard before, so the band communication with stops/starts/accents etc was really cool. And the way trainwrecks were avoided. And then of course Dean Hetherington is a damn fine picker ... but his solo in Sultans of Swing was just breathtaking. Couple of noted ChCh guitarists were there and muttered 'holy fuck, he's good'.

So it was a good day, despite not getting to play.
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

HANGMAN
Ashton
Ashton

Post by HANGMAN »

I Checked out Clark Reid - hes pretty dam good alright! a Real cowboy, yeeeehhhaaaaa! :lol:

His Copperhead Road cover vid is sweet.

bluesbass
Gibson

Post by bluesbass »

HANGMAN wrote:Cheers Dave, yeah Ive been getting right into country, blues and gospel as of late . great music for the people!
Check out Charlie Musslewhite's cover of it on One Night In America... that's quite a cool version.
The opinions expressed in the post above may differ from the opinions expressed by other people with different opinions.