Moderator: Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7748 times
Been liked: 4188 times

Stereo DI's for sample playing

Post by jeremyb »

We're pretty keen to incorporate some samples as intros with my band, was thinking of just loading the wav's onto my RC-3 and triggering them from there as they don't need to be timed to a click or anything... and I'd rather not bother with a laptop etc...

I've been wondering what is the best way to get this to the PA, was thinking I could just play them thru my amp to begin with, but eventually I think a stereo DI might be a better option for gigs? something like: http://www.radialeng.com/prod2.php ? and I could always use that with a laptop later I imagine? they do seem to have a laptop specific one but is that just marketing or around input levels? so much to learn... help!!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: Stereo DI's for sample playing

Post by KentNZ »

Radial are top gear, can't go wrong with quality, but they do have many to choose from!

Av2 is a good one; I have the JD stereo one as it's got jack and RCA inputs. There's one with 3.5mm input as well. and there are a few stereo DIs. Stage Bug SB5 is one if you're just using smart phones etc.
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

I looked at the JDI stereo, but a bit pricey for my needs!! Would also be good if whatever I buy was about MXR pedal sized so it can sit on my pedalboard without taking up valuable delay pedal space :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

Pro D2 for pure stereo, AV2 if you want stereo plus some RCA and jack inputs, or this if you're happy to sum to mono
http://www.radialeng.com/stagebugsb2.php

I love the routing flexibility (summing if you want, various ins and outs) and sound quality of the JD2, but yes, its the flagship...

They're DI's for goodness sake, if you put a good signal in, you'll get a good one out.

Another more flexible option - I'm not sure about pricing, but it might prove cheaper to get two stagebugs for the price of one D2? That might be more useful when altering your setups? (ie, then you can sum two stereo signals for example)
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 658 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Stagebugs are great. Cheap, sound good. Recommended. Hit up NZRS guys for better pricing

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

bbrunskill wrote:Stagebugs are great. Cheap, sound good. Recommended. Hit up NZRS guys for better pricing
Yep. Flick Dave or Matt a message - always a good idea! In terms of details about the product themselves, agent is Ambertec in AKL. Give Ross a call.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

bbrunskill wrote:Stagebugs are great. Cheap, sound good. Recommended. Hit up NZRS guys for better pricing
Yarrr will definitely be talking to them, was in there yesterday getting some new strings off Dave and theres a footswitch I'm after which will mean another visit this week lol...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

I've settled on a Radial PRO D2, one of my pedals has sold so better flick Dave an email on monday :)

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

Nice.