Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Samsara

Post by druz15 »

jeremyb wrote:
druz15 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Cheers John, we may do some vocals at some stage, but at the moment we're concentrating on just doing our own thing, "Post Rock" is the genre, as wanky as that sounds :lol:
my post rock band is starting to introduce some vocal stuff now.
At first I wasn't keen but it sounds great and is a good way to set yourselves apart from the "another Explosions/Mogwai clone" bands around
Nice, got any demos up Drew??? It's hard for me as a massive Mogwai fanboi to not want to emulate them, but I think we're forging our own kinda thing :)
Couple things up on Soundcloud, nothing with vocals or our new bassist yet Though.
It's taking a while, probably a few months away from having a tight gig-able set tbh.
I feel ya, massive Russian Circles fan and I'd love to sound like them, a couple of our songs have a very RC vibe to them but we're careful to introduce some new elements and change shit up so we don't end up sounding too alike.

I'm already in a Datsuns/Led Zep rip off band, should really do something original haha
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7751 times
Been liked: 4189 times

Post by jeremyb »

LOL nothing wrong with a bit of a nod to your faves :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Very cool, JB!

I detect a very distinctive Slint influence - am I right? It's good to hear you channeling that energy.

In the next mix output you should pan the guitars left and right so there's more stereo separation and clarity.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

MogwaiBoy wrote:Very cool, JB!

I detect a very distinctive Slint influence - am I right? It's good to hear you channeling that energy.

In the next mix output you should pan the guitars left and right so there's more stereo separation and clarity.
Cheers Jae!!! Hmmm will have to check with the lads, this was written before I joined and I'm not sure whether they are fans or not :)

I think my guitar is panned left and right, had two mics on my amp and one room mic, Nate's guitar I'm not sure about, the quiet bit in the start we're playing quite different things, which I guess we would hear more clearly if we messed about with the panning, when we get serious about recording stuff for an EP we're getting someone else to mix them :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

loving the sudden jarring feel change in the middle. Very cool.
Good to keep the listener on their toes with stuff like that, rather than just "tremolo pick this high note for 6 minutes and progressively get louder and more intense" haha
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

:mental: yarrr I like it too, our opening song starts off really heavy, then goes the other way in the middle, before ramping up again, it's fun to mix things up!!