Moderator: Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7872 times
Been liked: 4236 times

Re: Samsara

Post by jeremyb »

Cheers everyone!! Yep, it's a LOT of fun to play, feel lucky to have met such a great bunch of guys who are into the same stuff as me :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 700 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Will check it out tonight jb.

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 853 times
Been liked: 361 times

Post by jimi »

Good sounds. Reckon it'd be better with some vocals, but to each their own etc.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Sounds good! The initial drums made me think "Is this going to be a surf band after all?" and then everything else kicked in.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

jimi wrote:Good sounds. Reckon it'd be better with some vocals, but to each their own etc.
Some post rock bands have vocals, but they're usually fairly sparsely used :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

Nice stuff JB, wasn't sure what type of music to expect before I hit play but was really cool and I listened to it all before leaving this page so must be good.

is the plan to do other stuff with vocals? or is it likely to all be instrumental?

also what is the name for this type of genre?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Cheers John, we may do some vocals at some stage, but at the moment we're concentrating on just doing our own thing, "Post Rock" is the genre, as wanky as that sounds :lol:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Vince wrote:Sounds good! The initial drums made me think "Is this going to be a surf band after all?" and then everything else kicked in.
:mrgreen: You should check out Hawaiian Maiden on Facebook, they're awesome!!

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

jeremyb wrote:Cheers John, we may do some vocals at some stage, but at the moment we're concentrating on just doing our own thing, "Post Rock" is the genre, as wanky as that sounds :lol:
my post rock band is starting to introduce some vocal stuff now.
At first I wasn't keen but it sounds great and is a good way to set yourselves apart from the "another Explosions/Mogwai clone" bands around
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1052 times

Post by kdawg2a »

jeremyb wrote:Cheers everyone!! Yep, it's a LOT of fun to play, feel lucky to have met such a great bunch of guys who are into the same stuff as me :)
That is awesome. I think the best thing about being in a band is when your doing what you love with people you love / like. It's like being in the worlds most exclusive gang and it's awesome!
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

druz15 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Cheers John, we may do some vocals at some stage, but at the moment we're concentrating on just doing our own thing, "Post Rock" is the genre, as wanky as that sounds :lol:
my post rock band is starting to introduce some vocal stuff now.
At first I wasn't keen but it sounds great and is a good way to set yourselves apart from the "another Explosions/Mogwai clone" bands around
Nice, got any demos up Drew??? It's hard for me as a massive Mogwai fanboi to not want to emulate them, but I think we're forging our own kinda thing :)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

kdawg2a wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Cheers everyone!! Yep, it's a LOT of fun to play, feel lucky to have met such a great bunch of guys who are into the same stuff as me :)
That is awesome. I think the best thing about being in a band is when your doing what you love with people you love / like. It's like being in the worlds most exclusive gang and it's awesome!
:thumbup: 8)

It's living a dream for me, I've always been envious of people who played music live, desperately wanting to be able to do it myself, finally got myself in the right headspace and met a bunch of really cool guys and the rest is now history in the making, super stoked for our next get on the 12th at the Wunderbar!!! Looks like we'll be playing Allen St in late July too :)
Last edited by jeremyb on Fri May 29, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Frey wrote:That rocks :wink:
:mrgreen:

Lostininverness
Gibson
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by Lostininverness »

Thats really cool JB!!! I't's excellent that you are getting out and doing it!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Lostininverness wrote:Thats really cool JB!!! I't's excellent that you are getting out and doing it!
Cheers man!! I've found my calling :mental: