Moderator: Capt. Black

Sean777
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Pitchblack in NZ Musician

Post by Sean777 »

Well, in all honesty Ed regardless of how you feel, Ive enjoyed some of your guitar demos and enjoy your playing style... Id happily buy an album if you put one out, and I won't jump down your throat for promoting it. In fact, Id probably try and help you.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 284 times

Post by Kev77 »

So , the terrahawkes then....
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

Sean777 wrote: Heres what you want to do... spend 3-4 mths of your life make 70 mins worth of music and put it out into the world and see how defensive you are of it. Its like your child, you put your heart and soul into it... then someone comes along and just takes the piss... sure might be funny from where you are, which is fine, but there are people out there willing to have a go at making music for others to listen too.Im not saying don't have a laugh, Im just saying if you don't have anything nice to say, just move on to the next post. If everyone is in agreement, Ill happily not post anything for sale here, or promote any music again... I don't want to break forum rules etc
Im not a mod.Im not enforcing any rules,i was just making a pretty blunt point that most of what you post seems like spam to me.My opinion.Which is basically what the internet is made up of...billions and billions of opinions.How exactly did i take the piss out of your music?There seems to be some wierd victim mentality displayed in that quote-i'm saying get a little more involved beyond hawking your shit like some sunday junk mail drop around every available forum.I dont post any of my music here as i know there's little to no audience for it,but i still get involved as i love the things and processes involved with making music.Maybe if you had some thing like "here's my new album,this is what i used to record it....".might inspire a bit more interest.

"
Sean777 wrote: Theres criticism and then theres just being an ass. Listen to it, criticise it if you want. Im open to it, but its not like he criticised the music.
?
er what did i criticise? i cant keep up with the evolution of all this.But as i said in my PM im not here to kick you in the nuts or go chasing a fight-but you do need to thicken your skin a little if you are gonna promote your own stuff.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

Kev77 wrote:So , the terrahawkes then....

Sean777
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Sean777 »

Well if you feel its spam, skip it. simple, or, give it a listen. As for little or no audience, I disagree... Forums etc work wonders, yeah its slow and we aren't talking millions of dollars, but for me it works. I just assume if someone listens to it, and wants to know what I used etc they would ask... I post it in the correct forum so its obvious to people what it is, and if you don't want to be bothered by it, just block it, skip it, move past it. As I do with topics that don't interest me.. Id rather you give it a listen and if you have criticism, go for it.

Like I said tho, If the consensus is, 'don't post it'...then I won't
Last edited by Sean777 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 659 times
Been liked: 566 times

Post by TmcB »

Come on guys, let's get back to arguing about strings and who's got the biggest whammy bar
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Sean777
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Sean777 »

TmcB wrote:Come on guys, let's get back to arguing about strings and who's got the biggest whammy bar
I see what you did there! ;)

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

TmcB wrote:Come on guys, let's get back to arguing about strings and who's got the biggest whammy bar
Or possibly who plays their Metallica riffs best.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Sean777
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Sean777 »

Well my Metallica riffs are pretty sad, down picking isn't my strong point. My strings are the best, and all my whammy bars are the same size (Do have a couple of carbon fibre ones tho!)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7772 times
Been liked: 4203 times

Post by jeremyb »

Sean777 wrote:
slash-ed wrote: Just saying - Kris has recorded and released LOTS of musical output, so he's certainly not someone who has never put himself out there.
Maybe the difference is, I wouldn't be having a go at him for promoting his work?
If you saw him and didn't know him you'd certainly question whether you should poke him with a stick :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Don't want to be one of the 80%, but man, lighten the fuck up...
derpderpderp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Sean777
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Sean777 »

jeremyb wrote:Don't want to be one of the 80%, but man, lighten the fuck up...
derpderpderp.jpg

Dude you jut proved you are. What I post on my FB page is my business... and is now no longer yours.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Sean777 wrote:
derpderpderp.jpg
Dude you jut proved you are. What I post on my FB page is my business... and is now no longer yours.
Don't panic, I bet you to it :thumbup: Don't spoil your talent by constantly moaning about everything and everyone else out there, it's really boring.

Sean777
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Sean777 »

jeremyb wrote:
Sean777 wrote:
derpderpderp.jpg
Don't panic, I bet you to it :thumbup: Don't spoil your talent by constantly moaning about everything and everyone else out there, it's really boring.

Its hardly everything and everyone. I guess thats what the 'block' button is for, problem solved.

Sean777
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Sean777 »

Anyway, I have asked the admins to deactivate my account, anyone with any interest in what Im up to can add me on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/seanbodleymusic/

Merry Xmas to you all, happy holidays!