Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Re: Pitchblack in NZ Musician

Post by willow13 »

Sean777 wrote:No probs... won't be posting again... cheers
don't take it so personally,it's just the internet. What you post is good stuff so hang around.....but maybe look around and join in beyond post stuff about you :thumbup: you were born with 1 mouth but 2 ears.....that might be a hint :wink:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Just to play Devil's you know what, if you do a view/search of all Sean's posts, they are solidly 99% either gear sale or album promo related. Obviously not particularly interested in engaging with the community. A lot of forums would not even allow that.

Just saying. It affects me 0% either way.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Sean777
Ashton
Ashton
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Sean777 »

Honestly I post when I feel I know something about the topic at hand... I posted something 'for sale' in the For Sale forum and something from my studio 'in the 'Studio' forum.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Sean777 wrote:Honestly I post when I feel I know something about the topic at hand...
Ah. I see. That's where you're going wrong. The trick is to post even when you don't know something about the topic at hand. Works for me ;-)

Sean777
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Sean777 »

slash-ed wrote:Just to play Devil's you know what, if you do a view/search of all Sean's posts, they are solidly 99% either gear sale or album promo related. Obviously not particularly interested in engaging with the community. A lot of forums would not even allow that.

Just saying. It affects me 0% either way.
Ill engage with the community when Its something I have an opinion or advice on. If I can't add to the topic, I won't post. Doesn't mean I don't read it, or learn from it.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

jeez...an off the cuff cheeky quip and ive got a bunch of angry villagers with torches.when did we all become such delicate flowers? pretty sure if you looked at his post history it would confirm what i just said-but as i said i was just winding him up as he seems prone to throwing tantrums.Like that thing with him and ross on the facebook group thingy.And the angry private message i just got.lighten up bro!

Sean777
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Sean777 »

Kris wrote:jeez...an off the cuff cheeky quip and ive got a bunch of angry villagers with torches.when did we all become such delicate flowers? pretty sure if you looked at his post history it would confirm what i just said-but as i said i was just winding him up as he seems prone to throwing tantrums.Like that thing with him and ross on the facebook group thingy.And the angry private message i just got.lighten up bro!
Heres what you want to do... spend 3-4 mths of your life make 70 mins worth of music and put it out into the world and see how defensive you are of it. Its like your child, you put your heart and soul into it... then someone comes along and just takes the piss... sure might be funny from where you are, which is fine, but there are people out there willing to have a go at making music for others to listen too.Im not saying don't have a laugh, Im just saying if you don't have anything nice to say, just move on to the next post. If everyone is in agreement, Ill happily not post anything for sale here, or promote any music again... I don't want to break forum rules etc

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Sean777 wrote:, Ill happily not post anything for sale here, or promote any music again... I don't want to break forum rules etc
Sod that. I need people to post stuff for sale to satisfy my need to constantly rotate my gear.

Be interested to hear what gear you used for the recording?

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Sean777 wrote:
Kris wrote:jeez...an off the cuff cheeky quip and ive got a bunch of angry villagers with torches.when did we all become such delicate flowers? pretty sure if you looked at his post history it would confirm what i just said-but as i said i was just winding him up as he seems prone to throwing tantrums.Like that thing with him and ross on the facebook group thingy.And the angry private message i just got.lighten up bro!
Heres what you want to do... spend 3-4 mths of your life make 70 mins worth of music and put it out into the world and see how defensive you are of it. Its like your child, you put your heart and soul into it... then someone comes along and just takes the piss... sure might be funny from where you are, which is fine, but there are people out there willing to have a go at making music for others to listen too.Im not saying don't have a laugh, Im just saying if you don't have anything nice to say, just move on to the next post. If everyone is in agreement, Ill happily not post anything for sale here, or promote any music again... I don't want to break forum rules etc
Stick around mate im sure you have alot too offer especially considering you have wrote/recorded music :thumbup:
:mental:

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

Sean777 wrote:
Just saying - Kris has recorded and released LOTS of musical output, so he's certainly not someone who has never put himself out there.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

slash-ed wrote:
Sean777 wrote:
Just saying - Kris has recorded and released LOTS of musical output, so he's certainly not someone who has never put himself out there.
+1
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Sean777
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Sean777 »

slash-ed wrote:
Sean777 wrote:

Maybe the difference is, I wouldn't be having a go at him for promoting his work?

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

Mate. Everyone who has ever produced any music or artistic output has also at some point faced criticism. Surely as an experienced musician you should have grown a thicker skin by now. You can't reaaally throw your toys every time someone does not LOVE your output.

Sean777
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Sean777 »

slash-ed wrote:Mate. Everyone who has ever produced any music or artistic output has also at some point faced criticism. Surely as an experienced musician you should have grown a thicker skin by now. You can't reaaally throw your toys every time someone does not LOVE your output.

Theres criticism and then theres just being an ass. Listen to it, criticise it if you want. Im open to it, but its not like he criticised the music.

Lets face it Ed, you don't like me, thats fine... but wheres the benefit of hacking each other down?

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

It's a spectator sport
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz