Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

danrawkz
PRS
PRS
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Missing: Gibson ES135

Post by danrawkz »

cholera wrote:I didn't notice how old this thread was, but just an idea, before anyone goes and bashes the shit out of him, it might pay to make sure he's the guy who actually stole it. He might have bought it off someone at the pub! He probably knew full well it was dodgy anyway, but still, maybe someone can ask on the auction where it came from, without giving it all away....

On a related note- everyone is mentioning going to the police, that might be the best way to go about getting it back, but when a bunch of my bands gear was smashed by a speed freak in the place we were jamming, we had a meeting with him and all agreed we would give him time to sort it all out himself without going to the cops. However, I mentioned I wanted a new drumkit in 3 days or it wouldn't be the police he was worried about. Anyway, I got my brand new Pearl Export kit in 3 days ( I knew he had plenty of cash because I knew what he did for a "job") However, the younger guys in my band all went straight to the cops, then to an insurance company. End result was this guy got arrested, (he had an outstanding warrant anyway) and because he was basically no longer responsible they got all their gear replaced, but it took them about 2 months....
Moral of the story is maybe the plice?official channels are not always the best option if all you want is the guitar back. It might end up being held by the cops for the next while for evidence, they sure do like to hold onto stuff for ages!
So I guess what Im saying....sack of doorknobs it is.
I'm about 99% sure that the person selling it is the one who stole it

They have the same first name as the person who did work in our house, and their name 'hilux_boy' is particularly relevant, because I'm pretty sure they also drive a hilux.

I've spoken to the cops, I'm going to go in soon and show them the original report and the picture of the stolen guitar (I took).

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

Yeah...go dude.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Yeah...go dude.
Plus still in the same bar in Texas...just more poised....or pissed...they don't say that over here.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

cholera wrote: On a related note- everyone is mentioning going to the police, that might be the best way to go about getting it back, but when a bunch of my bands gear was smashed by a speed freak in the place we were jamming, we had a meeting with him and all agreed we would give him time to sort it all out himself without going to the cops. However, I mentioned I wanted a new drumkit in 3 days or it wouldn't be the police he was worried about.

So I guess what Im saying....sack of doorknobs it is.
Sorry dude but that just seems thuggish.

Dan, you've done the right thing going to the police.
Last edited by slash-ed on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by cholera »

All good then Dan, I hope this pans out. I just can't believe someone is so stupid enough to sell something on Trade me when it's stolen by themselves. But then again, there is no shortage of stupid people I guess.

cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times

Post by cholera »

It does seem thuggish, but knowing this guys history I was very much aware of the fact that he was probably about to either go to prison or disappear, and I just wanted my drumkit. You also edited out the bit about me mentioning that people need to make sure they know who actually stole it before they go round and bash him. I'm sure nobody here meant to ACTUALLY do that, I was just putting a warning out there. I was not the person who started mentioning doorknobs etc.
I had no intention of doing anything thuggish as I was completely aware that wouldn't help me get my drumkit back, but some people only understand certain things. This was one of those guys. If you have never had to deal with people like that then consider yourself lucky.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

Conway wrote:The polizia having read this thread will now have all you fellas for assault with intent to injure. Just saying.
While I agree with the sentiment, the reality is well different. :wink:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2498 times

Post by Slowy »

*UNIQUE* wrote:
Plus still in the same bar in Texas...just more poised....or pissed...they don't say that over here.
Warning: Telling a bunch of Texans you're pissed may get you shot. :problem:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

twistedthoughts
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times

Post by twistedthoughts »

slowfingers wrote:
*UNIQUE* wrote:
Warning: Telling a bunch of Texans you're pissed may get you shot. :problem:
And if you go to some Texan dude's house, don't compliment him on his awesome deck. :wink:

danrawkz
PRS
PRS

Post by danrawkz »

Another eyebrow raising part about this.. the guy claimed his wallet was stolen when he was painting too. A cover up, assumably.

sam_the_bogan
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 4 times

Post by sam_the_bogan »

cholera wrote:It does seem thuggish, but knowing this guys history I was very much aware of the fact that he was probably about to either go to prison or disappear, and I just wanted my drumkit. You also edited out the bit about me mentioning that people need to make sure they know who actually stole it before they go round and bash him. I'm sure nobody here meant to ACTUALLY do that, I was just putting a warning out there. I was not the person who started mentioning doorknobs etc.
I had no intention of doing anything thuggish as I was completely aware that wouldn't help me get my drumkit back, but some people only understand certain things. This was one of those guys. If you have never had to deal with people like that then consider yourself lucky.
Considering a large part of my job is recovering money and negotiations adoubd such things I agree with Ryan. Sometimes a resolution between the two parties can be far more beneficial and speedy. The police are the next port of call if you are unable to reach an agreement of sorts. Making contact with a perpetrator and attempting to negotiate a settlement is not quite thuggish, rather assertive.

danrawkz
PRS
PRS

Post by danrawkz »

To be perfectly honest, if they can commit one offense of theft during their day job, I would be extremely surprised if they didn't thieve more stuff than just this one guitar.

I think the police need to be involved in this situation in all honesty. Maybe if the seller had bought it off a crook, then a negotiation would make more sense.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2267 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Missing: Gibson ES135

Post by Bg »

With you there, they should have their hands cut off at the very least. You want to win the auction too to be on the safe side
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Let the police sort it out. If you go round there and try to work things out chances are they will slam the door in your face and then chuck the guitar on the woodburner.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

sam_the_bogan
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 4 times

Post by sam_the_bogan »

sizzlingbadger wrote:Let the police sort it out. If you go round there and try to work things out chances are they will slam the door in your face and then chuck the guitar on the woodburner.
The Police are there for a reason, though the strength of your evidence and relative importance of your case will be mitigating factors. in this instance you have a smoking gun, or guitar as it were. I would also suggest you track down an invoice from the original mover (if one was given) and attempt to claim that back. In the unlikely event that the police fail you can take it to the disputes tribunal (at a cost of $60 odd).

If I can be of any assistance, please pm me as I'm happy to help a fellow guitar person out.