Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 363 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: Missing: Gibson ES135

Post by vintage52 »

http://www.resene.co.nz/homeown/form_funny_diy.html

If he's Resene recommended I reckon you should enter you story at the above URL.

:twisted:
Wellington

PlukkyBoy
Squier

Post by PlukkyBoy »

Has anyone actually been in a pawn shop which had anything vaguely as nice as a Gibson?
The NP Cashconvertors is chokka with Ashtons.

danrawkz
PRS
PRS
Been liked: 1 time

Post by danrawkz »

vintage52 wrote:http://www.resene.co.nz/homeown/form_funny_diy.html

If he's Resene recommended I reckon you should enter you story at the above URL.

:twisted:
Rofl.

Apparently the guy is denying he stole it, and it might go to court if he continues to do so. I'd be quite happy to see and refute what he has to say in regards to his defense :lol:.

Got the guitar back in my hands now anyway. You can't even use it at the moment, one of the pots is buggered, I'd wager it hasn't been used in ages.

capt abaham
Gibson

Post by capt abaham »

i hope he will go to court once he admits it.

great result!
Originally Posted by STEEL KAGE
As for the Vid, IMHO, the guy played the notes but had none of LC vibe or finesse...

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

SteveGutry wrote:Did you ever recover this guitar?
There is a 1996 ES 135 with a Gibson bag for sale on TradeMe at a very low start price.
I just wanted to throw in another nod to Steve for raising this....
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

PlukkyBoy wrote:Has anyone actually been in a pawn shop which had anything vaguely as nice as a Gibson?
The NP Cashconvertors is chokka with Ashtons.
The one impressive guitar I ever saw in trash converters was a sweeeeet purple peavey wolfgang standard, otherwise endless no-brand strats and unplayable acoustics
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

danrawkz
PRS
PRS

Post by danrawkz »

I scored an Aria superbass from cash converters ages ago for $300 I think. I sold it on trademe a year later for $650.

But I've never seen anything widely identifiable as valuable like a Gibson before. I think if you're going to buy a Gibson legitimately in the first place and need to sell it - a pawn shop is never your first choice.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

ChCh Converters had an amazing LP Standard, plaintop, about 10 years back. $3500. Overpriced now but back then LP's were still fetching that second hand.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

There was a les paul standard at my local Mr Money about a month ago. It wasn't on display but I new it was there so I asked to try it....purely tyrekicking because it wasn't something I was interested in buying, but I thought you gotta try it when ya find em.....

good result in this thread dan.....was there any insurance involved originally (sorry if its mentioned early I don't recall reading anything...but then I can't read anyway)
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

danrawkz
PRS
PRS

Post by danrawkz »

no. the insurance policy didn't cover us here and we learned a lesson or two about it.

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by H671 »

As I understand, all pawn shops/secondhand dealers must keep written documentation to prove where their goods come from to cover situations like this. There are not that many in Auckland so it should be an easy job for the police to sew up this case.
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

twistedthoughts
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times

Post by twistedthoughts »

*UNIQUE* wrote:ChCh Converters had an amazing LP Standard, plaintop, about 10 years back. $3500. Overpriced now but back then LP's were still fetching that second hand.
The frustrating thing about seeing anything good at Cashies is that you know that you could have paid the seller double what Cashies gave them and still paid less than the Cashies sale price.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

danrawkz wrote:no. the insurance policy didn't cover us here and we learned a lesson or two about it.
If you're able, can you let us know what/why the insurance argued against the claim? I have a lot of gear insured...but even after direct talks with the manager of the company I'm still not 100% satisfied they will cover me in all cases.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

danrawkz wrote:I scored an Aria superbass from cash converters ages ago for $300 I think. I sold it on trademe a year later for $650.

But I've never seen anything widely identifiable as valuable like a Gibson before. I think if you're going to buy a Gibson legitimately in the first place and need to sell it - a pawn shop is never your first choice.
The Cashies/Dollar Dealers franchises have been nailed by TM. 5-7 years ago, you could get some sweet deals - I picked up 3 Boss pedals (DS2, GE7 and CE3) for like $120 back in the days. Mate scored a Jap Tokai Love Rock for $450.

My old backup amp (Marshall 8100 Valvestate - clean = the sux, distortion = amazing buzzsaw tones!) cost me $180 from memory.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

The Scarecrow wrote:The Cashies/Dollar Dealers franchises have been nailed by TM. 5-7 years ago, you could get some sweet deals - I picked up 3 Boss pedals (DS2, GE7 and CE3) for like $120 back in the days. Mate scored a Jap Tokai Love Rock for $450.

My old backup amp (Marshall 8100 Valvestate - clean = the sux, distortion = amazing buzzsaw tones!) cost me $180 from memory.
Last time I was at the Panmure shop, there was a Peavey VK212 (100w) for about $800 - If it's still there, someone should go try work them down on price like nobody's business. Could be a great amp if the 112 is anything to go by.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.