cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Missing: Gibson ES135

Post by cholera »

Keen to hear about your insurance drama also...when I moved to where I am now and asked about insuring books ( probably about 6-7k to replace) all I really got was, "Oh I'm sure it will be fine". I even asked should I catalogue/photograph them, they really had no interest. Was pretty obvious to me what would happen if my house ever burnt down...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

yeah insurance drama good, subjudice bad, if anyone wants the tossers name I suggest you PM for now then we'll name and shame when convicted as he should be...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

twistedthoughts
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times

Post by twistedthoughts »

cholera wrote:Keen to hear about your insurance drama also...when I moved to where I am now and asked about insuring books ( probably about 6-7k to replace) all I really got was, "Oh I'm sure it will be fine". I even asked should I catalogue/photograph them, they really had no interest. Was pretty obvious to me what would happen if my house ever burnt down...
I had the same story when I asked about insuring my Gibson Les Paul Traditional.

Now I'm thinking the insurance lady's "she'll be right" attitude is probably going to come back to bite me in the ass at some point unless I do something about it...

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

BG wrote:[W]e'll name and shame when convicted as he should be.
+1
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Back in 1975 I scored a Les Paul Recording from a second hand shop in Christchurch for $450. Even then it seemed cheap enough to justify buying the second weirdest Gibson to carry the Lester name.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

smallface
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 221 times

Post by smallface »

A couple of months ago I found a 1977 Fender Precision bass at a Cash Converters. Original case, covers etc. $1500.

Chucked some money down on it to hold it and felt quite chuffed. It wasn't a great price but it was a good price.
2 weeks later I was up at K Road RS talking to Scott about basses, trying out an amp or two and was discussing the bass. While we were talking a guy came in to discuss his guitar which had been stolen. "They also took my Dad's P Bass too".

Scott & I looked at each other and I asked the guy a few more questions about the bass.

"Mate", I said, "I think I've just bought that bass". :shock:

I gave him the details of the Cashies and he got in contact with them and managed to recover his Dad's bass. Didn't hear if he got his guitar back (some kind of 7 string guitar).

It was amazing timing. I wasn't too bummed about the bass, happier that it made it's way back to it's owner. :D
I climbed on the back of a giant albatross which flew through a crack in the cloud to a place where happiness reigned all year round and music played ever so loudly

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

ash wrote:
It's a bit like vampires... if you invite them in it's not burglary. Theft and/or receiving stolen goods is all they can charge him with.
I applaude this reference :clap:
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

sam_the_bogan
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 4 times

Post by sam_the_bogan »

danrawkz wrote:no. the insurance policy didn't cover us here and we learned a lesson or two about it.
Hmm that's quite an odd one. Theft generally carries a higher excess than burglary (violent/forced entry), however you could still argue the toss.

With regard to your point about the possible court case... if I may make a suggestion.
talk with the officer involved/email (so you've got it in writing). Explain that the goods were damaged while in possession of the aforesaid lowlife.
Get a quote to fix the things (possibly talk to someone like Adrian there). Submit it to the cop and ask that it be considered as reparations.

Keep in mind that the judge can choose to order that these be made to you, providing the Police make them part of their submission :-)

sam_the_bogan
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 4 times

Post by sam_the_bogan »

twistedthoughts wrote:
cholera wrote:Keen to hear about your insurance drama also...when I moved to where I am now and asked about insuring books ( probably about 6-7k to replace) all I really got was, "Oh I'm sure it will be fine". I even asked should I catalogue/photograph them, they really had no interest. Was pretty obvious to me what would happen if my house ever burnt down...
I had the same story when I asked about insuring my Gibson Les Paul Traditional.

Now I'm thinking the insurance lady's "she'll be right" attitude is probably going to come back to bite me in the ass at some point unless I do something about it...

Nope, you can put it all back to them. There's no way that they could wiggle out of that with the material nondisclosure clause.
Ditto for you too Cholera. :)

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Great result Dan.
Get if fixed and start playing it again. Here some inspiration...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsskzjig ... ure=relmfu[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGDfnyXnvjU[/youtube]
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

sam_the_bogan wrote:
danrawkz wrote:no. the insurance policy didn't cover us here and we learned a lesson or two about it.
Hmm that's quite an odd one. Theft generally carries a higher excess than burglary (violent/forced entry), however you could still argue the toss.

With regard to your point about the possible court case... if I may make a suggestion.
talk with the officer involved/email (so you've got it in writing). Explain that the goods were damaged while in possession of the aforesaid lowlife.
Get a quote to fix the things (possibly talk to someone like Adrian there). Submit it to the cop and ask that it be considered as reparations.

Keep in mind that the judge can choose to order that these be made to you, providing the Police make them part of their submission :-)

Burglary is covered byt it has to be through what you just sayd, violent or proven forced entry.

Theft by someone who you invited onto the property is not covered. Which is what happened in this situation unfortunately. Glad to hear it's worked out eventually!

danrawkz
PRS
PRS
Been liked: 1 time

Post by danrawkz »

Yeah, xcaptainx has it, were allowed onto the property so they said tough shit (iirc) I'll have to ask up on that to confirm though.

meh, sorting out the pots will be a piece of piss, there's a bit of cracking around the neck joint, not sure if this was inflicted before or after it was stolen, doesn't look like it's an actual issue though.

The p90 pickups don't do too much for me, but eh :P it's fun to have something different to play again

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Capt. Black »

This really is a great thread, great story and a great ending! :D

The Henderson cashies is located right below my accountants office... kind of ironic... They have a few quite decent guitars in at the moment... took some pics in case y'all are interested. Might chuck them in another thread.

danrawkz
PRS
PRS
Been liked: 1 time

Post by danrawkz »

Unfortunately the guy ended up getting off any charges. Somehow he claimed he bought it from Cash Converters and they weren't keeping any records of sales or something similar. Utter rubbish, amazing to think that crook is still allowed around peoples homes.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Nice that stolen gats find their way home sometimes. I am thinking of that Lotto advert where the dog falls overboard and comes home to see the owner now has a cat, but imagining a Gibson coming home to find its owner stroking a Strat .

I am not so fond of living in an apartment tbh, but i do really like the security it offers for my gat etc. No crooks can get in here unless they have my card key or abseiling gear.