Fender Telecaster Stolen No Insurance plz help!!

Post your stolen goods lists here

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

dobe00
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by dobe00 »

Hey guys,

On Tuesday the 18th September my car was broken into INSIDE a 'secure' garage under an apartment on the corner of Dickens St & Richmond Road in Grey Lynn Auckland. They smashed the drivers side backseat window and pulled out a black vinyl guitar case and a silver aluminium case. The guitar case had some rips and tears and some stickers (one was a visual sound blue/silver round sticker), inside it was my beloved black and white Mexican Fender Telecaster, along with a black and white leather Ernie Ball strap with tattoo style graphics on it. The metal case had a Boss DD3, a Boss TU-3, a Marshall footswitch, 5 odd leads (all black, two+ were ~10ft, one was 20ft+) my custom moulded ear plugs in a scratched silver plastic case (the earplugs were clear and one had a red tip).

The Tele serial is #MZ7047778
It's missing the knob from the pickup switch, has several chips (most have been filled in noticeably with black paint). It also has signs of repair on the back of the headstock where it was once snapped down the length of it, through the middle of the very last tuning peg (top of headstock). It was repaired brilliantly but the cracks are still visible although smooth.

The metal case had blue vivid on it with my name, number band etc, as did my tuner pedal.

We were in the process of switching insurance companies as my girlfriend and I are both students and were paying heaps, but hadn't sorted a new one when it happened. So I am totally broke and have now lost one of my most prized possessions aswell as all of my pedals leads etc :(. I'm in a band also so it is a HUGE inconvenience (can still make do with another guitar but it's no where near as good).

If you somehow magically come across it or any other gear PLEASE please email me (starsky00@hotmail.com/chrisdstarkey@gmail.com). I'm not going to hold my breath but I am sooo gutted and can't just let them go (it's going to take me YEARS to replace it all).

Would really really appreciate it guys,

Cheers,
Chris

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Re: Fender Telecaster Stolen No Insurance plz help!!

Post by Zaulkin »

:( That sucks man!! Hope you get it back. Will keep an eye out on Trademe.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Yeah cruise trademe and second hand shops you might be surpised
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Daza152

Post by Daza152 »

What they said mate it will turn up...stay positive :thumbup:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Sorry to hear that man, a good reminder to never let gear out of your site, how long ago since you canned your old insurance? You may still have cover if its very recent :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

dobe00
Stagg
Stagg

Post by dobe00 »

Thanks Zaulkin, BG & Daza hopefully I'll see it again. Yeah I'm keeping a close eye on them, I reckon they may hold off a while before listing if they do at all but we'll see. Yeah you're right Jeremy, I became a bit too complacent I think, so angry with myself for not being more cautious! A lesson learned the hard way. We checked the insurance out unfortunately and we're outside the lines, thanks for the thought though.

Daza152

Post by Daza152 »

could this be it minus the strap? http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrume ... 314946.htm hope so.. :think:

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sopachrga »

Doubt it will be. I'm pretty sure that seller is a member here. And it looks to be in too good condition for his description. But worth checking, good work.
Ummm....

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

sopachrga wrote:Doubt it will be. I'm pretty sure that seller is a member here. And it looks to be in too good condition for his description. But worth checking, good work.
Plus it's a long way from where it was stolen. But like you say, good to be keeping an eye out.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

mitch.twentyfive
Ashton
Ashton

Post by mitch.twentyfive »

Chris, that you mate??

Sucks it hasn't shown up yet man.

dobe00
Stagg
Stagg

Post by dobe00 »

Cheers Daza I checked that one out too, unfortunately not mine, it's too mint! That's such a good deal for such a nice guitar though far out haha. Mitch! It is indeed man. Yeah bummer aye, still hopeful though. I put some posters up around my apartment and someones ripped a couple down....the plot thickens.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

hamo wrote:
sopachrga wrote:Doubt it will be. I'm pretty sure that seller is a member here. And it looks to be in too good condition for his description. But worth checking, good work.
Plus it's a long way from where it was stolen. But like you say, good to be keeping an eye out.
He did buy it recently for quite cheap though. If you trawl the TM madness thread there will be a link (probably from Daza...) to the original sale.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

mitch.twentyfive
Ashton
Ashton

Post by mitch.twentyfive »

dobe00 wrote:Cheers Daza I checked that one out too, unfortunately not mine, it's too mint! That's such a good deal for such a nice guitar though far out haha. Mitch! It is indeed man. Yeah bummer aye, still hopeful though. I put some posters up around my apartment and someones ripped a couple down....the plot thickens.
What are you using as a back up gat for the time being?
if you need to borrow a delay or od/distortion or anything hit me up, i'll be in AK on wednesday

dobe00
Stagg
Stagg

Post by dobe00 »

I couldn't find that link Polar Bear? It doesn't look like it was listed after the 18th though but cheers anyway man. I'm using a Schecter Diamond Series Damian 6 Mitch, I got it pretty cheap and have been using it for drop tuned songs but it'll do all round until I get another gat/get mine back. Cheers heaps for the offer bro you're a champ! It's alright though, I use my amp distortion and haven't been using my DD3 much as I was going to suss a pedal board out before using it at gigs. Are you up for a gig?