NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

New Stolen Gear - 23rd Feb 2015 ...

Post by NZRS-Dave »

Gibson Les Paul stolen from Musicplanet?

http://www.rockshop.co.nz/community/sto ... n-les-paul

Boo for burglars.
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Re: New Stolen Gear - 23rd Feb 2015 ...

Post by SimpleSi »

always curious as to how people just walk out of shops with stuff this large.

When i worked at JB Hifi, someone stole a laptop in plain sight.. no one saw.. the camera footage was some james bond stuff..
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

SimpleSi wrote:always curious as to how people just walk out of shops with stuff this large.

When i worked at JB Hifi, someone stole a laptop in plain sight.. no one saw.. the camera footage was some james bond stuff..
If the shop is full of people I can see how it happens .... my old gibson LP was stolen from atwaters (traded it in for something that I can't remember now....probably a marshall 900). Bryan told me the shop was busy and some dude with a long coat on must have put it under the coat and walked out, the upstairs part that was the guitar part of atwaters then wasn't set up very well with 2 walls blocking views to the door
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Or a guy strolls in with an empty case and just puts the guitar in it. I remember Dawsons Music in Warrington, UK losing an entire drum kit one day. They were always losing gear. Apparently a former employee had a shitload of it at his home.

Clanger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Clanger »

Fark sake. Must've had a trench coat on or something? Surely they have cameras and they have his face in view?
Make Music Great Again

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

Wasn't there a guy at music planet who stole sheds of stuff and sold it on tm?
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

I think shrinkage due to staff is always a problem but we've managed to minimise it from experience ... we had it some years ago (a long long time ago probably 15yrs +) but it made our procedures tighter. I am sure that people could if they wanted to but it will always get found as everything is tracked so closely now.

Sometimes the theft is brazen ... watched a customer take a Rode NT2A package in broad day light from a store on the camera footage. Even waved it at the staff member behind the counter and said 'thanks for this, can't wait to get home and plug it in'. It wasn't til later in the day doing the banking that they realised there wasn't an NT2A sale on the books. And it was showing in stock. Brazen as anything.
Last edited by NZRS-Dave on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Kev77 wrote:Wasn't there a guy at music planet who stole sheds of stuff and sold it on tm?
There was , I know of two people who bought from him
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.