mttn3
PRS
PRS
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 45 times

Recovered (!!) Schecter Omen Extreme 6 in trans black

Post by mttn3 »

Hey weird story, but if anyone sees my transparent black Schecter around in Cashies or anywhere, let me know. :crazy: I know plenty of them seem to change hands, but I'd like to know if you see one offered in Chch and I might go take a look to see if I recognise the seller as a neighbour or something? :crazy:

So like.. this one guitar has completely vanished from inside my locked flat sometime this week. I just noticed it this week and it makes zero sense whatsoever, there's no break-in damage and nothing else is disturbed, but it's suddenly not in its case and not anywhere in the house! I can't make heads nor tails of it considering other obviously stealable items are untouched, but also a couple of other things disappeared the same way a month or two ago as well and pretty much we figure a burglary is the only possibility so I've gone and changed the locks, put in a police report and insurance claim, but it's still a bit wtf.

The most irritating thing is that I can't find any record of the serial number, I'm kicking myself on that one. I thought I had taken a photo even though I never thought I'd need it.... but now I can't e-mail it out to pick up if it gets pawned. :mad: :bummed: Has anyone got any ideas on that? I bought it new from Music Works but they've said they don't record serials when they sell.

It's in brand new condition, I'd even cleaned up the fretboard with lemon oil the week before. The only real identifying mark I could say is that the black chrome volume knobs have a kind of splash mark etched on them, maybe it was sweat or coffee which affected the coating, not sure. I assume they'd all look pretty similar after a bit of playing though.
That and there aren't many winds of string on the tuning pegs, haha.

:thumbdown: Random story eh.
Last edited by mttn3 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 227 times

Re: Stolen (??) Schecter Omen Extreme 6 in trans black

Post by Delayman »

Ex-flat mate with a key? Happened to me once, all my gear gone though. Sorry to hear your story.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Ohhh man that sucks, check out the pawn shops around town, it's probably in one already!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

mttn3
PRS
PRS

Post by mttn3 »

True, i might as well have a gander around CC. It does piss me off that I don't have the serial so I can't do anything though.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Bugger - same thing happened to a friend of mine recently. Someone walked into his house while he was in another room, picked up two guitars, walked out. Cashies had them within a week and the cops got them.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

mttn3
PRS
PRS

Post by mttn3 »

GrantB wrote:Bugger - same thing happened to a friend of mine recently. Someone walked into his house while he was in another room, picked up two guitars, walked out. Cashies had them within a week and the cops got them.
What is the world coming to, huh. It's bizarre.
I still don't know the how nor why on mine though. It's not the most expensive guitar in the world, not sitting visible from the street, not the most expensive thing in the house. :cry:

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Silver lining : new guitar with the insurance money.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

I'd be moving out pretty quickly. That sounds like a dodgy flatmate needing a quick income fix, perhaps for another kind of fix altogether.

mttn3
PRS
PRS

Post by mttn3 »

xCaptainx wrote:I'd be moving out pretty quickly. That sounds like a dodgy flatmate needing a quick income fix, perhaps for another kind of fix altogether.
Thanks... I have no flatmates though, it's just me and the girlfriend. I called it a flat because it's a duplex unit. :geek:

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Dude.... It's your girlfriend taking your guitars and using the money for shoes!!!

Either that...

Or she's found out about something bad you've done, and she's paying you back slowly!!!
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

mttn3
PRS
PRS

Post by mttn3 »

Haha... that would be evil. Actually she's pretty unsettled; she's keeping the doors locked and even using the little security chain. That's probably the worst thing about this, that it gets to her.

Well I'm just glad we've not had a real break in and smash everything burglary.

I had a big search through the hard drive and phone for serial number photos, but nada. >:-( How dumb am i for that. I'm also not all that confident the insurance will come through; i feel stupid telling them that there's no damage and no clues.

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by xCaptainx »

Yup theft is only covered with proven forced entry. If there's no forced entry, there's no cover.

If the theft was done by someone invited into the house, for example, they will decline the claim.

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by xCaptainx »

This is really weird. There's no other evidence of forced entry? Most burglars are opportunists and will go for the more obvious and less detectable goods.

Nothing else is missing at all? When was the last time you saw it? Could it simply be left somewhere or on loan?

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

xCaptainx wrote:Yup theft is only covered with proven forced entry. If there's no forced entry, there's no cover.

If the theft was done by someone invited into the house, for example, they will decline the claim.
Depends. State have a policy option where you're covered even if you leave the door open.

mttn3
PRS
PRS

Post by mttn3 »

xCaptainx wrote:This is really weird. There's no other evidence of forced entry? Most burglars are opportunists and will go for the more obvious and less detectable goods.

Nothing else is missing at all? When was the last time you saw it? Could it simply be left somewhere or on loan?
Yeah I know right, it is really weird. I get the feeling I'm getting lined up to be shafted on this one... The insurance company will happily take my premiums but when it comes time to pay out I can see they've got reasonable excuse to wriggle out of this one, from their point of view. Meanwhile mister burglar can sell the guitar with impunity because I was stupid enough to not have the serial number recorded. We'll see what happens when I talk to the detective anyway.

This guitar's definitely not on loan. I played it on Thursday night after my guitar lesson (I checked browser history for some tabs I looked at in Drop D) but I played other guitars during the weekend and didn't notice until I went to grab it out of the bag on Wednesday. I don't think any visitor's been in the house within that week and I've never loaned a guitar to anyone... There was no sign of forced entry that I can see, I'm sure plenty of people out there can pick a lock but it's crazy that a guitar would go missing whilst computers, bike, TV, other guitars and small valuables are seemingly untouched. I don't understand! :mad: :rofl: It would've been within arm's reach of the window if a neighbour had jumped the fence and grabbed it out of the soft case while I was in the kitchen or something, but... unlikely? Opportunity is a funny thing.

A couple of months prior though, whilst we were overseas for two weeks, the same thing happened with an old cellphone (no sign of it being turned on later and reporting location though) and cash going missing and nothing else disturbed; we couldn't make heads nor tails of it and for a while thought maybe we'd misplaced them ourselves but I think it's a similar situation.

But yeah there are winners and losers in life and I get the feeling I'm the loser here. :problem: :bummed: