PRS
PRS
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 221 times

Stolen bass alert

Post by smallface »

Hi guys,

A good friend of mine has had his 71 Fender Precision Bass and Hartke 5000 amp head stolen in Orakei, Auckland. It's a very distinctive looking P bass which he's had for over 30 years and he's beyond gutted. :-( Please keep an eye out for these, I'm hoping they turn up. Hope this link works.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 2022427715
I climbed on the back of a giant albatross which flew through a crack in the cloud to a place where happiness reigned all year round and music played ever so loudly

zedhed71
Ashton
Ashton
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Stolen bass alert

Post by zedhed71 »

What scum.

smallface
PRS
PRS

Post by smallface »

Agreed. Not too many P basses around that look like this one either. Keep an eye out guys :-)
I climbed on the back of a giant albatross which flew through a crack in the cloud to a place where happiness reigned all year round and music played ever so loudly

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Oh dear, stolen from da car again!
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

If I lived in a highly populated area I'd invest in those locator tile jobbies and secrete a couple in my gear. Not worth it out in the sticks though.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

I know sometimes its not possible but so many people say just never leave the gear in the car, ever.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

If he was out earning with his gear I hope he has the sense to keep that little nugget of information from his insurance company.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

sirvill wrote:I know sometimes its not possible but so many people say just never leave the gear in the car, ever.
Better not to take the risk. Hope this guy gets his stuff back!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

sirvill wrote:I know sometimes its not possible but so many people say just never leave the gear in the car, ever.
Yeah as much as I've said this myself, theres been the odd occasion post gig where I've nipped into a pub for a roadie and left the car outside full of gear.... Made sure I was within the sound of the alarm and if I had my LP with me, that would go into the pub with me. Even so, the stupid gene sometimes takes over.

Of course you should be able to leave anything you want in your car, with the doors unlocked. Thieving scummy bastards.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

mttn3
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by mttn3 »

Thieves are dicks. There is hope for the gear to return though! :thumbup:

So it's blue and has a tortoiseshell pick guard... Is there anything else distinctive? That's quite a bit already, I guess.

smallface
PRS
PRS

Post by smallface »

mttn3 wrote:Thieves are dicks. There is hope for the gear to return though! :thumbup:

So it's blue and has a tortoiseshell pick guard... Is there anything else distinctive? That's quite a bit already, I guess.
Bartolini pickups and a badass bridge. I borrowed it off Lee many many years ago to do a Hoodoo Gurus support at the Gluepot. Apart from the blue paint job at that time it was a standard P bass. It's such a wrench when it's something you've owned for so long. I'm hoping that it's too "individual" to not surface. Bastards.

BG, I try to always make sure that I keep my bass with me after a gig. But there's been the odd occasion too. Overnighters the guitars don't stay in the vehicles.

faceless
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by faceless »

man this is sad, hope your mate be able to find and make them thieves pay.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 808 times
Been liked: 1295 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

This is terrible. Bastards.
Hope it resurfaces

Also hoodoos at the glue pot. Cool!!! I saw them about 7 yrs back in Coffs harbour at a small seaside venue. Great band.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

i leave my gear in the car all the time-i just make sure its not visable or at least has a blanket or something over it. but a curse on theiving junky scum. one of the bonuses of odd gear is sticks out from all the ashtons at the pawn shop!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Kris wrote:i leave my gear in the car all the time-i just make sure its not visable or at least has a blanket or something over it. but a curse on theiving junky scum. one of the bonuses of odd gear is sticks out from all the ashtons at the pawn shop!
I went bass shopping at cashies in Onehunga the other day, plenty of odd gear in there. Very odd gear.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.