ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY null_pointer
I quite like the spelling that some guy from Tauranga keeps on using for pedals.

$OLD Hotcake
$200 Fane AXA12 Alnico 8 ohm Made in Blighty 2004

And if someone wants the above that should lessen the Flint impact somewhat.
Last edited by null_pointer on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AiRdAd wrote:Tell us about the Fane :-)

http://www.usspeaker.com/fane%20axa12-1.htm

Prob says more than I can! Pretty vintage vibe alnico, and ridic money (they were nearly $400USD). From my research '60s/'70s Gilmour made their name for them. I had the Lightning running into it, and as it was always at a reasonable volume I really liked it. Haven't done a heap of testing against say a Gold or G12H at lower volumes to comment, but a lot of good feedback on them. This one is well broken in so not flubby when pushed
null_pointer wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:Tell us about the Fane :-)

http://www.usspeaker.com/fane%20axa12-1.htm

Prob says more than I can! Pretty vintage vibe alnico, and ridic money (they were nearly $400USD). From my research '60s/'70s Gilmour made their name for them. I had the Lightning running into it, and as it was always at a reasonable volume I really liked it. Haven't done a heap of testing against say a Gold or G12H at lower volumes to comment, but a lot of good feedback on them. This one is well broken in so not flubby when pushed

Was mine prior to passing across via Reg. Fane Alnico's have their own thing going on and don't compare to any of the Celestion models. A Gold will sound piercingly bright and louder too run side by side, despite the Fane having a higher Spl rating. Fanes are quite smooth and fat, have that early breakup mid thing like a greenback but warmer. Search and see if Watford Valves still have their speaker comparison app online. May still be on there.
Excellent piece of kit.
Someone buy it before I'm forced to buy it back.
In about 1987 the guy at Jansen sold me a Fane speaker and some KT-88s to go in a Holden amp. I remember being 'meh, not Celestions' not realizing that the Fane speaker was quite the fancy piece of kit.
BY AiRdAd
Thanks for the info guys,

Steve - how does the fane compare to the Electrovoice EVL-12's?

Thanks Danny