Moderator: Capt. Black

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Re: Room mic experimentation with the AFD100

Post by slash-ed »

twistedthoughts wrote:I just brought a new mixer. Yeah, that's right, BROUGHT, bitches.

As a fully respectful motherfucker, I will only ask questions for which I already know the answers. Watch and learn, Ed.

Should I plug the provided power cord into the mixer or into my guitar?

Do I plug the XLR cables into the XLR inputs, or do I try to put them in the 1/4" inputs?

Is Firewire just the same as USB, but with a cooler name?
At the end of the day, I'm setting up jug cords all day every day, dude. I plugged in a jug cord just before, and BAM, power light ON motherfucker.

Go home and play with your mummy's money, you're not ready for Firewire yet.

etc etc
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

capt abaham
Gibson

Post by capt abaham »

what would you guys do without me ay
Originally Posted by STEEL KAGE
As for the Vid, IMHO, the guy played the notes but had none of LC vibe or finesse...

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

sopachrga wrote:The first 5 mins.
Yep, that's about it.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Hot_Grits »

slash-ed wrote:
You probably missed it in the wonderful storm of "you're a tool" etc, but like I said somewhere this more for, as TBB says, demoing the "bedroom" tone. I see a lot of comments on the interwebz saying that they're too trebly, don't have enough bass etc etc (especially for the modded JCM mode) so I thought I'd try and put something more representative together.
Ah, I see. Catering for the bedroom crowd with an AFD demo. Fair enough! -Next up might I suggest going after the Townshend tone with a Hiwatt?

Forgive me on the lack of detail work, but I was hoping to add something useful and positive to the thread without getting bogged down in reading too much of your typing or listening to the clips.

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Hot_Grits »

capt abaham wrote:what would you guys do without me ay
Record better?
Soundcheck faster and perform with a representative sound mix?

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

Hot_Grits wrote:
slash-ed wrote:
You probably missed it in the wonderful storm of "you're a tool" etc, but like I said somewhere this more for, as TBB says, demoing the "bedroom" tone. I see a lot of comments on the interwebz saying that they're too trebly, don't have enough bass etc etc (especially for the modded JCM mode) so I thought I'd try and put something more representative together.
Ah, I see. Catering for the bedroom crowd with an AFD demo. Fair enough! -Next up might I suggest going after the Townshend tone with a Hiwatt?

Forgive me on the lack of detail work, but I was hoping to add something useful and positive to the thread without getting bogged down in reading too much of your typing or listening to the clips.
Hah, naturally.

Yes, very helpful as always. I watched the first 10 minutes of that video, even. Informative and I shall certainly try that!

The AFD is actually an awesome bedroom amp, funnily enough. The attenuator thing really does work quite well (though apparently not so well on the YJM), even at gigs I usually end up running it on 12.5 watts or whatever most of the time. On full power it is predictably self-shittingly loud.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Everything I do now ay.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

capt abaham
Gibson

Post by capt abaham »

Hot_Grits wrote:
Record better?

I stopped doing your band because you were a bunch of spineless liars, why not try honesty HG? The deal was that I would be paid as a member as an equal cut once the band started earning more than 1K per gig, any band payment under 1K meant that I would be paid $90. You guys were always whining about money so most of the time I just dropped my payment to $80 or $60. Then after you guys started getting paid more than 1K you didn’t honour the agreement. So I told you guys to shove it, I didn’t enjoy the yuppie noob attitude of your band anyway. hey! What happened when I bought you a beer? You bought yourself two beers; did you think the beer I bought for you was a gift? You obviously don’t know what a “round” is. You guys were a bunch of social retards and I was only doing sound for you guys as a favour to Ant. Shortly after I started doing sound for your band you all said how much you loved me, and told me how much better the sound was, I taught you guys where to stand on stage to get good separation, and helped you well above the brief, all to be paid back by not honouring your agreement. After being treated like that I thought you lot were a pathetic bunch of losers with huge egos I already knew you lot can’t solo and don’t know how to arrange for horns unless it’s all Unison. Mate, it was a joke listening to you guys play at the Jazz fest watching everyone wince once the sax solo started. The recording I did, I still have and the sax player didn’t want anyone to hear how bad he played so he killed the whole project.
Slash’ed, this is what you will learn once you get the whole panning thing down
As for the Vid, IMHO, the guy played the notes but had none of LC vibe or finesse...

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

capt abaham wrote:
Hot_Grits wrote:
Record better?

I stopped doing your band because you were a bunch of spineless liars, why not try honesty HG? The deal was that I would be paid as a member as an equal cut once the band started earning more than 1K per gig, any band payment under 1K meant that I would be paid $90. You guys were always whining about money so most of the time I just dropped my payment to $80 or $60. Then after you guys started getting paid more than 1K you didn’t honour the agreement. So I told you guys to shove it, I didn’t enjoy the yuppie noob attitude of your band anyway. hey! What happened when I bought you a beer? You bought yourself two beers; did you think the beer I bought for you was a gift? You obviously don’t know what a “round” is. You guys were a bunch of social retards and I was only doing sound for you guys as a favour to Ant. Shortly after I started doing sound for your band you all said how much you loved me, and told me how much better the sound was, I taught you guys where to stand on stage to get good separation, and helped you well above the brief, all to be paid back by not honouring your agreement. After being treated like that I thought you lot were a pathetic bunch of losers with huge egos I already knew you lot can’t solo and don’t know how to arrange for horns unless it’s all Unison. Mate, it was a joke listening to you guys play at the Jazz fest watching everyone wince once the sax solo started. The recording I did, I still have and the sax player didn’t want anyone to hear how bad he played so he killed the whole project.
Slash’ed, this is what you will learn once you get the whole panning thing down
In before edit + backpedal cycle.

capt abaham
Gibson

Post by capt abaham »

i`m pretty sure i`m well within the rules mate

hows the panning going? on a mono track? what happens when you pan left on a mono track? are you using some kind of software thing where it compensates for stuff?

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

WTF
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sopachrga »

capt abaham wrote:i`m pretty sure i`m well within the rules mate

hows the panning going? on a mono track? what happens when you pan left on a mono track? are you using some kind of software thing where it compensates for stuff?
It's not mono.... :problem:
Ummm....

capt abaham
Gibson

Post by capt abaham »

badmotor wrote:WTF
it`s true bro, they tried to rip me off :eh:

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

Wake me up when we've had the insincere apology and self pity
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

Some Bozo wrote:Wake me up when we've had the insincere apology and self pity
Would that be before or after you go-go?