1960A Input Jack

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Ibanezdude
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

1960A Input Jack

Post by Ibanezdude »

Does anyone know where to buy the whole input system for a Marshall 1960 cab? Both inputs on mine have recently become dogey, so i thought than rather trying to fix them, i may as well replace the input system.

Tried the Rockshop - but of corse being the rockshop they didn't have them in their system. They said they'd get back to me tomorrow, but just while i'm waiting does anybody know where else i could get one?
A girl phoned me the other day and said, "Come on over, theres nobody home". I went over, nobody was home.

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Re: 1960A Input Jack

Post by rocklander »

the socket looks kinda like the jaycar ones...?
http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp ... &SUBCATID=
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

ant
Ashton
Ashton

Post by ant »

Ya except those are 3.5mm you need 6.5mm

Surplustronics on queen st has those plastic ones (also metal ones) - beware those plastic ones are easy to damage while soldering, I recommend getting metal ones.

You won't be able to buy the wiring jacks prewired from the RS if thats what you mean, you will have to DIY.

Ibanezdude
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Ibanezdude »

ant wrote:You won't be able to buy the wiring jacks prewired from the RS if thats what you mean, you will have to DIY.
Are you sure? The guy said they do sell parts. I would have thought this would be a very common part when it comes to cabs. Especially because its such a simple little unit and individual parts are not the easiest to replace due to placement of the plastic etc.
A girl phoned me the other day and said, "Come on over, theres nobody home". I went over, nobody was home.

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

ant wrote:Ya except those are 3.5mm you need 6.5mm

Surplustronics on queen st has those plastic ones (also metal ones) - beware those plastic ones are easy to damage while soldering, I recommend getting metal ones.

You won't be able to buy the wiring jacks prewired from the RS if thats what you mean, you will have to DIY.
:oops: :roll: not enough sleep heh.. thanks ant
http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp ... &SUBCATID=

and he's right.. it's not plug& play.. you'll actually need to solder the wire to the pins... or you could use chewing gum.. see how well that goes for ya :lol:
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Ibanezdude
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Ibanezdude »

hmm.. i'll have to take a photo of the whole unit, i don't think you guys are getting exactly what i need here :P

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

Ibanezdude wrote:hmm.. i'll have to take a photo of the whole unit, i don't think you guys are getting exactly what i need here :P
the WHOLE unit as shown in your first post??
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Ibanezdude
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Ibanezdude »

Yeah. Not the indivdual plugs

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

That beast is riveted on too. Decide how you're going to get it off safely and get it back on before you worry about buying a replacement. I would expect the whole assembly to be significantly more expensive than the fairly standard parts it carries.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

the_haunted
Ashton
Ashton

Post by the_haunted »

Those Jacks are PCB mount too IIRC. (if you decide on repair, rather than replacement)
This could make it more tricky to change them. - it may be time to call in the Pro's.
I can only Imagine what the whole assembly would cost :shock:
What's actually wrong with them? not something a new speaker lead and contact cleaner could fix? They are usually pretty sturdy, unless they have really been abused.

Ibanezdude
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Ibanezdude »

ash wrote:That beast is riveted on too. Decide how you're going to get it off safely and get it back on before you worry about buying a replacement. I would expect the whole assembly to be significantly more expensive than the fairly standard parts it carries.
The one in the picture seems to be, however my one is just screwed on. At the moment its all disconnected and ready for a new one to be slotted in. But yeah, i do imagine it would cost an arm and a leg, but as of yet the RS hasn't "past participle of get" back to me about it. May have to go harass them again...
the_haunted wrote:Those Jacks are PCB mount too IIRC. (if you decide on repair, rather than replacement)
This could make it more tricky to change them. - it may be time to call in the Pro's.
I can only Imagine what the whole assembly would cost :shock:
What's actually wrong with them? not something a new speaker lead and contact cleaner could fix? They are usually pretty sturdy, unless they have really been abused.
Yeah this is true. They are PCB mounted, and also, if i were to unsolder them from the board, the piece of plastic (which faces the outside, the part you can normally see) is right in the way, so i'd have to cut the pins off the jack, which obviously wouldn't work... :S

So yeah, unless i can get a full replacement unit, a repair guy may have to do it, but as said before it may cost me my playing arm... argh why are the things which should be the most simple sometimes be the hardest!?