Run in of new Amp?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Imbalance
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Run in of new Amp?

Post by Imbalance »

Finally bought myself a Valveking lol. Anyway i remember reading an old thread on here ages ago about good ways to run in the speakers and what not but can't seem to find it.

Suggestions?
Reaching out to embrace the random, reaching out to embrace what ever may come.

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Run in of new Amp?

Post by Vorbis »

1 Plug in guitar
2 Crank amp
3 Play.

Seriously...use a clean tone with lotsa mid range, crank the volume up and hit lots of open chords.

Someone smarter than I will chime in shortly about sending a tone through the speaker and leaving it for hours on end...
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

The Peavey tech runs about a 50-100 Hz signal through the speakers at about conversation volume for 24-48 hours. All it does is loosen up the speakers quickly so that you don't have to sit the playing for an entire weekend before you get the best sound out of them.

Just follow Vorbis's regime and have fun while you do it.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Plug in your cd player to the line input and play Abba cds for the next 5 hours at 10 - won't do much for you or the amp but guarrantee the neighbours will be ga ga!! :lol:
You can't do THAT on stage!