Best sounding 6L6 amp

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

the_haunted
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Best sounding 6L6 amp

Post by the_haunted »

bluesgeek wrote:coming to the gearfest? I'll probably drag out the bombardier and fuzziebro JTM45 - though one or other will need to be set up at the dogs bollix later in the day :) Would love to give the SLO a blast :D
Might pop in for a while, but it's on me mates Bday & We'll prob start pretty early :o like I said, you're more than welcome to borrow it. Just send me a PM. I'm just round the corner from Ash
Hot_Grits wrote:What OT did you end up using for the SLO clone?
Same one, never changed it in the end. It's hard to justify spending $700 on Hi def transformers when I can build a whole amp for that almost.
Hot_Grits wrote:-I'd love to hear your XTC project when it's done. Which channels are you going after? -personally, I'd build a single channel design based off the blue channel, and make the plexi voicing footswitchable. That would be a killer amp, and it'd be interesting to see hw the feel changes with less stuff under the hood.
Yeah, It's really only a 2 channel amp, all the assignable stuff & midi switching makes it 3 channel.
Going with clean and overdrive. None of this midi nonsense. :lol:
It'll have the Plexi switch for lead channel, structure switch, Maybe the gain boost... not sure yet. But definitely the resonance circuit. I'm told this is a big part of what differentiates them from Marshalls.
robnobcorncob wrote:Are you guys still going ahead and building your Mk2C+ clones? I'm looking for an extra GEQ Slider plastic tip as my amp is missing one of them. If you go to order some I'd be keen to get some myself.
Yeah, definitely! I'm waiting 'till the NZ $$ goes up with respect to the US $$ first. I Wont be ordering anything with it like it is At the moment. :x
I got all the parts for a 20W ubershall sitting around, so that's gunna keep me busy until then.
If it's still high after that, the JCM is gunna get the axe. :shock: and re-emerge an XTC.
So it may not be for some time.

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

bluesgeek wrote:haha no, Mesa Mk1 :P
Sacrilige !

:roll: I hope it's rooted beyond repair. Is it a head or combo? Pics?

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

Carr Mercury :D

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

robnobcorncob wrote:
bluesgeek wrote:haha no, Mesa Mk1 :P
Sacrilige !

:roll: I hope it's rooted beyond repair. Is it a head or combo? Pics?

he can only fight it for so long. :P

ant
Ashton
Ashton

Post by ant »

Holy sh*t the NZ$ just dropped below 60c US! Lucky I bought my speakers a couple weeks ago at nearly 70c!

the_haunted
Ashton
Ashton

Post by the_haunted »

ant wrote:Holy sh*t the NZ$ just dropped below 60c US! Lucky I bought my speakers a couple weeks ago at nearly 70c!
Yeah man, it sucks. I Was gunna buy a few hundred $$ worth of Parts when the NZ$ was 80c US. Didn't get around to it. :?

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

We took our US holiday in April when we got around 80c to the dollar. Bought me a Pocket Pod and a Wylde Wah. 8)
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 656 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Shiva