How much is my cab worth?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Timi
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

How much is my cab worth?

Post by Timi »

Trying to figure out what my cab is worth to see if I should sell it. I love it to bits but its just too big, looking at replacing it with some kind of combo.

Its pretty much a Marshall 1960a but its not. I got the cab empty a while ago, it has a metal grill and the tolex is ripping off quite a bit, and it has the 4 or 16 or 2x8 ohms setup that the 1960a has too.

The speakers are Celestion G75T's. I got them about 7 years ago (UK made) and put them in the cab. For the first two years I was using it every week at practice and a 1-2 shows per month. Since then its just had home use.

The cab weighs about 10kg more than a 1960a but also sounds MUCH fuller and louder than any 1960a I have tried. I've compared them side by side and its a big difference!

So basically its an awesome cab but doesn't have a brand name on it. What do you guys think its worth?

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: How much is my cab worth?

Post by sopachrga »

I think you'd be lucky to get even $500 on trademe.
People don't seem to like anything without brand names.
Ummm....

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: How much is my cab worth?

Post by thehenderson »

Yeah man, I reckon probably listing the speakers would be better because you can ship those more easily and cheaply so you'll have a wider market. It's an ugly cab so it won't look flash in the trademe picture, and it's got no brand on it. I reckon if you clearly photograph the speakers and show they're in great condition, that'd be a step in the right direction