Victoriette

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bluesbird
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Bluesbird »

One other important feature which is absolutley critical to the tone which I forgot to mention - it has a blue light. We all know blue sounds better ;)
"Under the monsters claws and in between his teeth
Was the shadow and a silhouette of what I thought I’d be
I don’t mind falling down and scraping up my knees
Scars and Stitches always fade and only strengthen me."
- Guster

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Post by Bg »

wooooah, that looks just like a neon on the underside of Tsukens skyline!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Congrats on the amp BB - it looks a stunner. Thought for you - if you don't have one already ask them for a schematic (wiring diagram) and paste it inside the amp case - preferably where it can be seen. That way if you do have any future problems, the local repair guy has a head start.
You can't do THAT on stage!

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

By the way - what about gigging? are you taking it out there or not?? Just curious as with 3.5k's invested, it's obviously not something you'd want the average punter spilling his grog over.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

I can't see why not - f'instance - every time I play keys I'm using a $7k synth right in the drunk zone. Its only an instrument and its only money - and we all make that every day. Worse still - as I sing, I'm spitting all over it...nice image...
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Jops
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Jops »

Bluesbird wrote:Thanks.
I will record some brief clips at some stage, I've got holidays coming up in a couple of weeks, pretty busy until then unfortunately. What sort of stuff do you want to hear out of it? I mainly stick to blues and classic rock, which this amp excels at. I have a unique tone, not trying to copy anybody in particular, but it is taylor-made for blues and rock.
:shock: If you play anything other than blues and classic rock through it I'll have to come down there, take it off you and then kick your undeserving arse!!! :wink:

J

Rog

Post by Rog »

LOL!

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

DrRog wrote:I can't see why not - f'instance - every time I play keys I'm using a $7k synth right in the drunk zone. Its only an instrument and its only money - and we all make that every day. Worse still - as I sing, I'm spitting all over it...nice image...
To say nothing of the mike eh?? - dunno though somehow a synth even at 7k's does not inspire quite the same emotion (i.e. stay away from my amp you cretins or it won't be 'tapping you about a bit' but 'putting the boot in') - but that may be my hangup.

Rog

Post by Rog »

'tis true. Many people (OK, then yanks - LOL) actually name their guitars (anthropomorphism?) , but I've never heard of anyone naming their synth...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Post by Bg »

Hey I name my guitars and my cars. But I've never named my synths either....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

What about the guitar synths like the Roland one? do they get names?

Rog

Post by Rog »

> Hey I name my guitars and my cars.

'tis a sad case, indeed!
Lesser Neesdon must be part of USA....

stark
Squier

Post by stark »

Bluesbird wrote:I then decided I wanted something a bit fancier, like a '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue. Rockshop quoted me a price of $2600, with a 50% non-refundable deposit and a 3-month wait.
that one i was tellin ya bout went for $500.. :o ...seems everyone wants marshalls and mesas these days.
Bluesbird wrote:The 2x10's seem to spread the sound a lot better than a 1x12 combo, which can sound drastically different from the sides when compared to listening from right in front.
that's exactly what i found, also, even slight differences beteween the 2 speakers' responses fatten the sound too. i then solemnly swore that i would never EVER buy another single speaker combo.

so, the next amp i bought was a 112...:roll: , but hey, it was a vintage Jensen
this one's special, this is the ultimate, after this i'll never need another amp, EVER...Image
starkAM

Bluesbird
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Bluesbird »

B45-12 wrote:Thought for you - if you don't have one already ask them for a schematic (wiring diagram) and paste it inside the amp case - preferably where it can be seen. That way if you do have any future problems, the local repair guy has a head start.
It's an original Victoria design, not to sure if he'd be too keen to just give it away. Any repairs I'll probably be doing myself anyway, so I'll be able to contact Mark should the need arise.
B45-12 wrote:By the way - what about gigging? are you taking it out there or not?? Just curious as with 3.5k's invested, it's obviously not something you'd want the average punter spilling his grog over.
I don't do much gigging at all at for the moment, so the only idiot getting near it with a pint will be me for now :P I'm taking it to a jam next weekend, however.
stark wrote:that one i was tellin ya bout went for $500.. ...seems everyone wants marshalls and mesas these days.
Damn, what a steal! I think he was asking $2000 for it when I contacted him. I may have missed out on that, but the Victoriette certainly isn't the worst alternative out there ;)
- Guster

Bluesbird
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Bluesbird »

stark wrote:that's exactly what i found, also, even slight differences beteween the 2 speakers' responses fatten the sound too. i then solemnly swore that i would never EVER buy another single speaker combo.
The 2x10's certainly seem to suit my humbucker-equipped guitar. The amp has a really incredible, deep bass response. My old Marshall used to rattle like crazy and the speaked buzzed with a fraction of the amount of bass, but the Vic just resonates beautifully 8)
- Guster