The Amplifire Thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 594 times

Re: The Amplifire Thread

Post by godgrinder »

Atomic Amps, who impressed us with their Ampli-Fire amp modeler, brought their newest most compact modeler yet, the Ampli-Firebox. Though it doesn't have all the customizable functionality of its bigger brother, it has the same number of basic voices and advanced tailoring capabilities like impulse shaping which can be adjusted via a simplified version of the Ampli-Fire iOS interface. Compact and just $299, it's a sweet solution for modeling newbies or those who don't want to dive into deep editing.
Now I'm sold.
Amps:
Soldano SLO100 x2 | Wizard MC1 & MC2 | Diezel Herbert
Fryette Pittbull CL | Marshall 2203KK | Krank Rev 50 | Mesa Mark 2A

Rack stuff:
VHT/Fryette GP3, GP/DI & 2/90/2 | Peters FSM/Chimera
Verellen Meatsmoke | Synergy SYN1 | Mesa Studio

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

godgrinder wrote:Image
Atomic Amps, who impressed us with their Ampli-Fire amp modeler, brought their newest most compact modeler yet, the Ampli-Firebox. Though it doesn't have all the customizable functionality of its bigger brother, it has the same number of basic voices and advanced tailoring capabilities like impulse shaping which can be adjusted via a simplified version of the Ampli-Fire iOS interface. Compact and just $299, it's a sweet solution for modeling newbies or those who don't want to dive into deep editing.
Now I'm sold.
Yowser! Is Amplifire only compatible with iOS though?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 594 times

Post by godgrinder »

the pedal can connect to a Mac or PC via USB to customize amp slot selections from Studio Devil's entire patented AmpliFIRE series library of models, upload third-party cabinet simulations (1024-point impulse responses) and access more advanced tone-shaping tools.
Amps:
Soldano SLO100 x2 | Wizard MC1 & MC2 | Diezel Herbert
Fryette Pittbull CL | Marshall 2203KK | Krank Rev 50 | Mesa Mark 2A

Rack stuff:
VHT/Fryette GP3, GP/DI & 2/90/2 | Peters FSM/Chimera
Verellen Meatsmoke | Synergy SYN1 | Mesa Studio

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

I want an Amplifire. Using an Audiobox and Guitar Rig right now. Kind of ick. Amiplifire seems like it sounds and feels right, is simple, and does not break the bank.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Aquila Rossa wrote:I want an Amplifire. Using an Audiobox and Guitar Rig right now. Kind of ick. Amiplifire seems like it sounds and feels right, is simple, and does not break the bank.
Holy wow! First the pasta comes back, and now Aquila! Good to see you man. 8)
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Aquila Rossa wrote:I want an Amplifire. Using an Audiobox and Guitar Rig right now. Kind of ick. Amiplifire seems like it sounds and feels right, is simple, and does not break the bank.
Just be aware that the effects currently are stupidly deep to program, hopefully we get a simple mode in firmware v5!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Bg wrote:
Just be aware that the effects currently are stupidly deep to program, hopefully we get a simple mode in firmware v5!
Not too far away from being able to afford one. I see they do not ship to NZ any more though. Have to go thru the Aussie based middle man. Will run it as an interface and out thru presonus monitors.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

yep, got mine from the aus distributor, he does the axe fx stuff too so is quite reliable.

its not an interface though, you need to take the stereo outs to an interface, amp etc.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Bg wrote:yep, got mine from the aus distributor, he does the axe fx stuff too so is quite reliable.

its not an interface though, you need to take the stereo outs to an interface, amp etc.
That's a bummer. I thought the USB meant it was an interface. I know now I guess. That is the next upgrade they should do. Even Peavey amps are interfaces these days, so it is not a big deal. I quite like the look of the Laney IRT Studio, but it would not have the range of tones the Amplifire does. My interface is meh. Audiobox. Gave my Avid interface to that crazy person.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

It is an awesome system but think pod2 in terms of patch cables to an interface. I love mine, but there are shortcomings. I much prefer it to the line6 hd and hdx stuff I've owned, but line6 have had years to perfect their customer support, or lack of it ;)

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

A Marshall Code 25 is less the 400 bucks and works as a USB inteface. Emulations by Softube. Might make an okay stop gap. Pity Amplifire don't do that, even though the sounds are probably much better. Modelling has come a long way. Harmonic overtones caused by feedback due to the volume of the amp are still lacking if monitoring at low volume at least, but dynamics are getting much better

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Strongly recommend playing before purchasing any of the code series. My impression was that the code 50 might be ok with a decent speaker but I'm not willing to spend the money to find out. I shudder to think what the code 25 will sound like if you turn it up enough to be louder than the strings.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

JHorner wrote:Strongly recommend playing before purchasing any of the code series. My impression was that the code 50 might be ok with a decent speaker but I'm not willing to spend the money to find out. I shudder to think what the code 25 will sound like if you turn it up enough to be louder than the strings.
I'd take a ampli 75 over the code 50/25 any day
Great amps
:mental:

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

Someone has FINALLY done it. Just amps, in a pedal. Just saw this a few minutes ago on Andertons blog. Need to find out more! If it's as powerful and sounds as good as the red box, I'm going there...

I might have my new as only used at home Amplifire for sale soon. :)
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...