The Amplifire Thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: The Amplifire Thread

Post by KentNZ »

Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Eruera »

Oh wow, that's precisely what I want.

Dammit, had just got the RS to transfer in a Princeton for me to try haha!

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

How much are used Amplifire units going for?

Was put off because they are not an inteface to DAW, but still considering one. I am making do with a Presonus Audiobox and Presonus monitors and was thinking it would not bring the best out of the Amplifire XLR outs. Maybe just get one and then save for a better interface.

The other options are either a UA Apollo interface running those very nice Softube plugins, or a Laney IRT Studio. Both have drawbacks too. The UA unit is expensive as are the plugins. The Laney is attractive but it would have same wear and tear issues of running an amp pretty hard regularly, which for just running to DAW for home hobby playing seems overkill.

Had lots of Line 6 stuff, with the last being HD500x. Always get seduced by Line 6 for some reason but always end up selling them fast. Helix or AxeFX are both out of reach for me right now. Laney or Atomic Amplifire I can afford next week or so.
Last edited by Aquila Rossa on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Aquila Rossa wrote:How much are used Amplifire units going for?

Was put off because they are not an inteface to DAW, but still considering one. I am making do with a Presonus Audiobox and Presonus monitors and was thinking it would not bring the best out of the Amplifire XLR outs. Maybe just get one and then save for a better interface.

The other options are either a UA Apollo interface running those very nice Softube plugins, or a Laney IRT Studio. Both have drawbacks too. The UA unit is expensive as are the plugins. The Laney is attractive but it would have same wear and tear issues of running an amp pretty hard regularly, which for just running to DAW for home hobby playing seems overkill.

Had lots of Line 6 stuff, with the last being HD500x. Always get seduced by Line 6 for some reason but always end up selling them fast. Helix or AxeFX is out of reach for me right now. Laney or Atomic Amplifire I can afford next week or so.
Boss gt100
Oh and I have one for sales :)
:mental:

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Will pass thanks. I had a Boss GT-10 and hated it more than L6 stuff even. I read that the Katana models are good though? Narrowed it down to those three choices in my post. Been waiting for something to come up on TM or here.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Maybe somebody will want to sell their amplifire to fund the step up to the new model with more switches etc.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

Aquila Rossa wrote:Maybe somebody will want to sell their amplifire to fund the step up to the new model with more switches etc.
I'm selling mine. I bought it last year but will want to downgrade to the small one. PM me.
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Wow, is that yours Kent? much want...

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

KentNZ wrote:
Aquila Rossa wrote:Maybe somebody will want to sell their amplifire to fund the step up to the new model with more switches etc.
I'm selling mine. I bought it last year but will want to downgrade to the small one. PM me.
The Amplifire 12 is too rpicey for me right now. Can only just stretch to the original format one is can find a used one. New one will take another month to stump up for. not so keen on the Aussie distro's pricing either. Rip off merchant.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

Mine's the red one...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I've got a TC Electronic Nova incoming, so in reality I could probably ditch my red one and get the small one, but tbh I still love it :) When they give me an easy effects mode, the nova can go ;) ATM you need a degree in science to work some of the effects parameters lol... So I'm sorted on a smallish footprint still with the amplifire and nova, and the huge FCB1010 to control them if I need all that shit!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

BG and Kent are talking about a small one instead of a red one? I thought the red one was the 'small one'?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

this is the new Firebox, which is the new 'small one' :)
https://blog.andertons.co.uk/guitars/at ... -namm-2017
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Bg wrote:this is the new Firebox, which is the new 'small one' :)
https://blog.andertons.co.uk/guitars/at ... -namm-2017
Right. Looks like it would suit people who use amp and pedal board more the the red one.

I want something to run into an interface. Still a little torn between Amplifire and Laney IRT Studio, but leaning towards Amplifire.

With DAW I would add reverbs via track bus, so not so reliant on Atomic's effects except for stuff before the amp sim.

Computer and studio monitors seems most practical bedroom guitarist setup for me these days. Advantage of Laney though is it can be an amp and an interface, but running a dummy load every time I feel like playing seems a bit much.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

If you're going to run into an interface anyway why not use something like Bias on your computer?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.