The DVMARK Multiamp thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Re: The DVMARK Multiamp thread

Post by werdna »

slash-ed wrote:Oh god I hate that guy.
He is definitely irritating.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

slash-ed wrote:Oh god I hate that guy.

I love how his reviews aren't really about what they sound like or functionality, but like about their internal construction. So useless

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

:lol: first time I've seen one of his "reviews", so painful!!!!!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

I once sat through his 50 minute review of the Slash Marshall amp. Afterwards I felt like my brain had been pulled gradually out of my body through my rectum.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Some more vids :)

shipped for under 2k i think it ticks the boxes

:mental:

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Olderama »

New update
Might blow the cobwebs off it and give it a go

We're proud to announce the release of our Multiamp new firmware update 5.1!
This new firmware includes some important key features representing another step ahead for this state of the art All-In-One amp by DV Mark.
Here are the upgrade details:
- A new amplifier simulation based on the DV Mark best seller acoustic amp AC101.
The need to have an acoustic amp emulation is really important for all those acoustic players wanting to use the amazing Multiamp effects palette with the opportunity to choose between going direct to the PA or into a guitar cabinet. Also electric guitar player can now connect their acoustic output straight into the Multiamp, so they don't need any DI box or extra channel on the console to manage the acoustic guitar.
All the AC101 features have been meticulously modeled and of course the Anti-feedback feature is included as well and it's placed on the Presence control knob. Its range works from 45 to 350Hz and it's automatically excluded when the knob is all counter-clockwise.

- The Tuner is now easier to engage from the Multiamp front panel.
Pressing and holding the the Speaker control key it will be engaged, then it's possible to exit the Tuner function pressing Speaker or Exit key. A direct Tuner access is really useful especially during recording session where a musician must check the instrument tuning before tracking any take. This new features eliminates the need to move on the System menu to turn the Tuner on.

- Now it's possible to set the Tuner calibration from 430Hz to 450Hz.
This allows to match any situation where the musician could be asked to adapt to other instruments using slightly different tuning reference frequency. One typical example is Classical music, where the tuning frequency is often 432Hz. This reference frequency is also often used with acoustic music and there's a theory about the interconnection of the earth vibrations and physiological DNA process that work both in the same frequency. So this seems to be a more natural frequency to tune our instrument in order to be synchronized with other natural rhythms.

- A new global 7 bands equalizer has been added in the System Menu.
It will allow to modify the overall eq to adapt to different recording rooms, venues, stages, cabinets, studio preamps, any reason why we could need to have a global eq change, without having to modify the single presets.
This is a major feature every pro musician will appreciate as a global equalizer is something that happens to use more often than we think.
The frequencies we can cut or boost are 100Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 800Hz, 1600Hz, 3200Hz and 6400Hz, offering a pretty wide range to move our Tone eq wherever we need to match every single situation.

This new Multiamp 5.1 Firmware Update is another step of our constant R&D process on this amazing product offering to guitar players new features and improvements they really need. While releasing this new update, we're already working hard on Multiamp's project, so stay tuned and keep rocking!!!
http://www.dvmark.it/dettaglio_news.php?id=239

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Olderama »

A few more Artists have joined up

and KIko Loureiro from Megadeth

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

I would put money on that being a bloody good setup.

Incidentally, I watched a Rig Rundown with Frank Gambale a few weeks back and he has been using the DV Mark stuff for some time now (amp talk starts around 14.52) :wink:

Caught my attention when he said they now have around 40% of the bass amp market ?!

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

sizzlingbadger wrote:You do realise that all this digital technology would be useless in the event of a nuclear war as the EMP would kill them. A trusty old valve amp would be fine and you could still play some wicked blues riffs while watching your hair fall out and cock drop off.
I have a thing about nukes. Probably since seeing The Day After when i was 13 years old. Used to lay in bed that year wondering if the jets I could hear at night was Soviets coming to annihilate us, not realizing that they did not have a preemptive first strike policy like the USA does. Guitar playing is way more fun.

Clicked on thread wondering wft a DVMark is. Realized I have already seen a YouTube clip of one. Good thing about the memory not being a s sharp as it once was is nothing i watch is a re-run. :)

Another amp that has no valves threatening valve supremacy. Time for valve amp Luddites to take action i think.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

Hmmm it seems Balducci may have moved from Atomic to this. Interesting.