Silverface Princeton example

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Silverface Princeton example

Post by GrantB »

I just lost a masssive blurb about these amps and I refuse to retype it. There has been lots discussed recently so here's an example of an older one. One quick tip, NOS GE coin base 6V6 sound fantastic in these and DR's. Same can be said for RCA coin base.

73 Princeton...Weber AlNiCo speaker.

Excuse the noodling.

Once again, hopeless YouTube link will not work for embedded.

https://youtu.be/mf7tTRybUi4
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

GrantB
ADMIN

Re: Silverface Princeton example

Post by GrantB »

Useless trying to do this with Safari...used Puffin and got it.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

youtu.be will be whats stopping it from working, take the dot out.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Got it - but for some reason Safari always defaults to that weird way of showing it. Other browsers seem okay.

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 374 times

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

Sounds really nice. Class playing too - makes me feel like a ham fisted caveman...

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Post by kdawg2a »

So that was the volume at 3? What's it like around 5 or 7, you know, before saturation? Does it grit up a heap more with pick attack but clean up nice (and still have that 'chime') with guitar volume? Nice playing BTW and great guitar match.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

kdawg2a wrote:So that was the volume at 3? What's it like around 5 or 7, you know, before saturation? Does it grit up a heap more with pick attack but clean up nice (and still have that 'chime') with guitar volume? Nice playing BTW and great guitar match.
Thanks. That DuoJet is a desert island guitar. Joe Walsh used to use one in the studio (a '69, black like this). I'd love to know which songs it appeared on. The great thing is I have the entire family history of this axe from its birth until when I go it. And yes, Fred Gretsch is involved, first hand!

The first bit was 3.5, then down to 3...its already grinding up then. After that, saturation is relatively fast to 6...and all on 10 it becomes a saggy standard Fender beast. No cap changes in this amp, which is interesting. It was hardly used which usually isn't a good scenario for caps.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

GrantB wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:So that was the volume at 3? What's it like around 5 or 7, you know, before saturation? Does it grit up a heap more with pick attack but clean up nice (and still have that 'chime') with guitar volume? Nice playing BTW and great guitar match.
Thanks. That DuoJet is a desert island guitar. Joe Walsh used to use one in the studio (a '69, black like this). I'd love to know which songs it appeared on. The great thing is I have the entire family history of this axe from its birth until when I go it. And yes, Fred Gretsch is involved, first hand!
Have played that DuoJet. It's a guitar that stays with you long after the owner has asked for its return. 8)
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Post by kdawg2a »

I'm throwing out a curse and hex on you all now for putting this into my (until today) tonal wants. Tony McB too for the custom i've now you-tubed. You all suck. My kids are missing out on meals now.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

MrDINO
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by MrDINO »

Hmm Princeton ..