Installing a FXLoop

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Re: Installing a FXLoop

Post by sty »

I wanted to add a Serial FX Loop to my TSL601 combo because it's only got a Parallel FX Loop and you can't set it to 100% FX Loop which means you get phase issues when running 4 cable method on multi fx stuff.

I spoke with Ryan quite a while ago and the Metro Zero Loss FX Loop seemed to be the way to go, unfortunately being based in CHCH meant there was no way I could ship the amp up to him to get it fitted. He recommended I speak with Guy Benfield but after some initial conversations he didn't seem interested due to going on tour etc. so it kind of fell by the wayside.

I'd still love to get this done if I could find someone willing to take on the small project locally, I don't feel confident enough to work my way through the schematics and make it happen.

(although If I could find a taker for my amp I might be tempted just to get something that already had what I wanted, but I've had this amp since new and quite like it)

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 376 times

Re: Installing a FXLoop

Post by Dharmajester »

I too can testify to the wonders of the Metro loop however note that it is designed for inserting into a Marshall style amp specifically and sticking it into another circuit may not be quite so straightforward ( caveat on the metro site )
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson