NAD!! Gave the Katana the Chop!

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: NAD!! Gave the Katana the Chop!

Post by Aquila Rossa »

AiRdAd wrote:
chur wrote:
Aquila Rossa wrote:May as well go all Pete Thorn and get a Suhr reactive load, or the new Torpedo one that is going to be around $260 USD. Add your fav impulses and away you go. Works for Pete.
Yer that.
I run my Marshall through the Pangaea into a load. Sounds good to me and realistically is the only way I can now use my JCM or JMP.
Have you tried running your amp into an Attenuator with a DI, re-amping the DI with another poweramp, and going into a speakerbox. I found that it worked a bit better for me doing this, rather than going into the Torpedo Live, and out to a FFFR Speaker.
I had a Palmer going to a power amp and cab. Not such great results in my case. Much more joy using the Laney IRT load out and using cabs in DAW. Gives me a cheaper version of the sound of a miked up amp how I would hear it from a studio control room, which is ultimately what we hear on records.

Torpedo Captor I was talking about is just a reactive load box and attentuator with a simple analog cab sim that can be turned off. Can send a signal to power amp and cab, or to DAW and use impulses. Both options available.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Should have kept the Katana and used the phones out, that cab sim is actually really nice :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

AiRdAd wrote:
chur wrote:
Aquila Rossa wrote:May as well go all Pete Thorn and get a Suhr reactive load, or the new Torpedo one that is going to be around $260 USD. Add your fav impulses and away you go. Works for Pete.
Yer that.
I run my Marshall through the Pangaea into a load. Sounds good to me and realistically is the only way I can now use my JCM or JMP.
Have you tried running your amp into an Attenuator with a DI, re-amping the DI with another poweramp, and going into a speakerbox. I found that it worked a bit better for me doing this, rather than going into the Torpedo Live, and out to a FFFR Speaker.

Nah haven't tried that, albeit haven't been playing in a group recently so haven't needed a speaker box. I've just been using the Pangaea with some Celestion impulses I bought, and AKG headphones and it sounds pretty cool considering its completely silent at night. My reactive load is a Bad Cat Unleash switched to silent mode, so kinda already have the reamping thing sorted if I need it. Since tinkering with IR's I haven't touched the SS isocab in the closet, not that its bad, its just not completely quiet and to my tin ears the IR's rock.

Trying a Katana is next on my list though, just waiting to see if the craze ends and second hand deals start to pop up 8)
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..