Anyone travelling from Tauranga to Auckland?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Anyone travelling from Tauranga to Auckland?

Post by Slowy »

Optimus prime.jpg
I've just bought this, having been bid up by my good mate Danny. Thanks Danny......
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyway, is anybody headed to Aucks from The Bay in the next few days? Vendor is happy to ship but all I can see is The Eye of Horus.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: Anyone travelling from Tauranga to Auckland?

Post by AiRdAd »

I owe you 5 Bucks :-) I didn't click that it was you at first. Great purchase, money well spent!
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

I canne help, but what is it?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

GrantB wrote:I canne help, but what is it?
Well it has those horrible fake BMW M5 stick on front guard vents on the front, so I'm picking a kitset or home-made something of a well-known circuit.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

It's a copy of a " Dr Z route 66 preamp, into a power amp running 2 H6DZ7s, NOS tubes which are essentially two EL84s in one bottle."

A friend of mine had it built and I mentioned on the trademe madness thread - he was pretty obsessive about specs etc. Sold for well under his cost!
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Delayman wrote:
It's a copy of a " Dr Z route 66 preamp, into a power amp running 2 H6DZ7s, NOS tubes which are essentially two EL84s in one bottle."

A friend of mine had it built and I mentioned on the trademe madness thread - he was pretty obsessive about specs etc. Sold for well under his cost!
Wot 'e said, Grant. Hell I haven't a clue but for the price of a stompbox, I was curious and Danny let me have it. This last fact is significant because Danny usually approaches Trademe the same way I ride mountain bikes.....
Everyone else is prey. :lol:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Slowy wrote:
Delayman wrote:

Wot 'e said, Grant. Hell I haven't a clue but for the price of a stompbox, I was curious and Danny let me have it. This last fact is significant because Danny usually approaches Trademe the same way I ride mountain bikes.....
Everyone else is prey. :lol:
hahaha!!! I owe you bigtime for all of the guitar pickups you've done for me :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Danger Mouse wrote:
Well it has those horrible fake BMW M5 stick on front guard vents on the front, so I'm picking a kitset or home-made something of a well-known circuit.
You'll know if I like it; the vents will vanish.