How to get my amp with Ryan from the amp shop

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Dakungfuking
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 2 times

How to get my amp with Ryan from the amp shop

Post by Dakungfuking »

Hi guys,

im new here and i dont know the proper page to make an introduction, but im a bit desperate, found this site searching for ryan and his now non existent shop.

anyways if any of you would be kind enough to tell me how to get in touch with him id appreciate it.

just a little story, went feb of last year i think on the Amp shop store down khyber/symonds st. left my amp a mesa 5:50 combo, didnt give me any receipt or anything like that i reckon he's an honest man so it didnt bother me, went back and his shop is close, tried to email, call to no avail.

i hope somebody can help me retrieve my amp back

sorry if its in a wrong forum.

Thanks

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Re: How to get my amp with Ryan from the amp shop

Post by jeremyb »

Oh dear, he's still selling stuff on trademe, maybe ask a question on one of his listings? e.g. https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrum ... 941895.htm I've found this a good way in the past to get hold of people :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Oh man, sorry to hear that. You're not alone. Not to be alarmist, but I'd be seriously thinking about the small claims court right about now. He's completely uncontactable at the moment as far as I know.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Lay a complaint with the Police, they know where he is.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Here we go again... perhaps the mods should stop deleting these threads.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

Conway wrote:Here we go again... perhaps the mods should stop deleting these threads.
Good call, I understand RYans history here, but it should be a level playing field for reporting poor businesses .
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

They get removed when accusations of mental state, drug abuse and assault are added. Let's not go that far this time eh!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

And yep, police or small claims I'm afraid.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Dakungfuking
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Dakungfuking »

Sorry if due to my post i have stired something,

Anyways i just posted here as i thought somebody might still have contact with him, i dont have intensions to start a riot.

I dont know about the police as i dont have any of his details and he didnt give me any invoice that he recieved my amp. hard lesson to learn but i should have been less trustful but too late for that.

Ill try trade me thanks for the suggestion

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

He'll be a registered business, they can find him
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Dakungfuking wrote:Sorry if due to my post i have stired something,

Anyways i just posted here as i thought somebody might still have contact with him, i dont have intensions to start a riot.

I dont know about the police as i dont have any of his details and he didnt give me any invoice that he recieved my amp. hard lesson to learn but i should have been less trustful but too late for that.

Ill try trade me thanks for the suggestion
Not at all bud :) Its been a long road going from a great bloke to a somewhat shady character! Hope it all comes out well for you, I used to have contact with him up until about 6 months ago, then nothing sadly...

He was living at his parents but I have no idea of their address, sorry!

Dakungfuking
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Dakungfuking »

Thanks BG,

I dont have any ill feelings towards him and i dont know his circumstance not even judging him just wanted to ask around maybe somebody has contact with him.

Anyways thanks guys if i retrieve my amp all well and good if i dont then its a good lesson to learn from.

@kev ill try what your suggesting
Thanks

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

I like this guy
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

All good bro, I was just explaining why the threads had been removed before :) so don't be a stranger and let us know what happens, and even join in with the banter :D
Dakungfuking wrote:Thanks BG,

I dont have any ill feelings towards him and i dont know his circumstance not even judging him just wanted to ask around maybe somebody has contact with him.

Anyways thanks guys if i retrieve my amp all well and good if i dont then its a good lesson to learn from.

@kev ill try what your suggesting
Thanks

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 808 times
Been liked: 1298 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

I think the business has been removed from the register so youll have to follow up with him as an individual. All my efforts to contact over a year have been fruitless. I have hearing date for small claims for a similar issue with him regarding an amp.
Hope things work out for better for you.
I really didnt want to have to go through small claims. All i wanted was a reply and some semblance of responsability or recognition that I have been left out of pocket and out of amp and to be able to discuss ways of moving forward in any way. But absolutely no reply or offor to reconcile I find hard to stomach. So small claims it is. Poos and wees.