Mooer GE200 Digital Modeller

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Mooer GE200 Digital Modeller

Post by xCaptainx »

Mooer recently released a TINY digital modeller with IR loading capabilities. I've been a fan of their tiny pedals for a while, and people rave about their mini preamp pedals. The price point was low enough to purchase on a whim, so here it is.

I spent two hours with it last night and streamed the majority of my time within an NZ Guitar Facebook Group (Chur Xsplit!) This was me mostly just going through the standard patches and getting comfortable with the PC editor. Be warned. My playing is shitty and I'm just mucking about. Literally the first time I turned it on.

Skip to 1hr 10 min to hear a blank patch being created.

45min 50 seconds to hear the acoustic stuff.

The user interface on both the unit and the PC editor are VERY easy and clear. The screen and user experience on the unit is bright, colourful and very easy to manage. Most of your experience is using the dial to the right of the screen, which also has a push in on/off functionality to it.

SUPER easy to move things around, make selections, edit each pedal etc.

Loading IRs is insanely easy. Loaded an Ownhammer IR during the stream. You simply click the + next to a blank cab option, find the file and you're done.

Overall, I'm really happy with this. Interface is super simple, it has the amount of detail I would want whilst retaining simplicity and straight forwardness. Most importantly, the 5150 tones are very good and I'm very happy with that + OH IR files.

I've owned a full Mooer mini pedal board, and a Hotone version in the past, so very comfortable with the Mooer effects range. You can't load multiple versions of each effects type i.e. one delay, one reverb, one OD etc BUT that doesn't effect me in the slightest. I had a pre and post amp delay on a previous patch but that was simply because I used scenes within one 'big' patch on the Axe FX live. I'll just switch to switching to seperate patches with this.

Can't really go wrong for price here really. Is it an Axe FX Killer? No, of course not. BUT if you're sick of saving for a helix or a 2nd hand Axe FX, this is a really well built and solid alternative at a lower price point.

I've got a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 on the way also. Next tests are using it with my peavey 2x12 classic cabinet.

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Mooer GE200 Digital Modeller

Post by xCaptainx »

Ok I spent some time with my new Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170w Poweramp pedal, into a peavey classic 2x12.

The stock patches were all a little bright, thankfully the powertage has EQ. After I dialed back the highs and boosted the lows, I found a really nice warmth.

The poweramp control is within the cabinet block and still can be used with Custom IRs. It's pretty simplistic, you can select the tube type and that's it. From what I can hear, it seems to feel like the Sag control on the HD500 i.e. cold vs warm. It's subtle.

I really like this thing. I've had the HD500, Axe FX II, own EZ Mix, Bias and a crazy amount of tube amps/digital rigs over the last few years and I really like the simplicity this brings. The User Interface is probably the best I've seen on a modeller to date and whilst this is 'simplistic' compared to the bigger options, it's *exactly* the level of detail I am happy with. There's enough options to tweak how I would want, without getting lost in a sea of sub menus and over the top options.

This is a great little tool. For my use (on stage sound for Left Output, Direct out with cab sim ON via Right Output, plus home use) I'm very happy.

Within the drop down menu options for cabs, the blank spaces have a + button, allkwing you to find your downloaded IR to load.

There's exactly the same function within the amp drop down list. It looks for "amp" file types.

It looks like they will release individual amp files for download as time goes by.

Also, its TINY.

If someone was currently saving for one of the bigger options, I'd totally tell them to try and get their hands on this. I think they would be pleasantly surprised + save a lot of money in the process. That is, of course, if you didn't need all the crazy input/output/midi options that the bigger guys provide.

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Mooer GE200 Digital Modeller

Post by Eruera »

That is well cool