Tube amp techs in Auckland?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 234 times

Re: Tube amp techs in Auckland?

Post by Delayman »

H671 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:35 pm
Delayman wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:54 am
jeremyb wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:41 pm

Maybe email these guys as they're the importer in NZ: https://musicbiz.co.nz/
Nah it’s quite old, I’m sure it wouldn’t be worth going to the importer.
You could try reading this list!

https://www.nzguitars.com/forum/viewtop ... 13&t=41696
Thanks, but all the Auckland listed are guitar repairers - that's why I thought I'd ask about amp people.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

RectifiedAmps
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 240 times

Post by RectifiedAmps »

This is a solid state amp, right? Might narrow the Auckland field a bit since some amp techs prefer to stick to valve/tube stuff.

If you get stuck and can’t find anyone I might be able to walk you through a few tests you can do yourself. Might end up being something you can handle on your own with a can of contact cleaner.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 234 times

Post by Delayman »

RectifiedAmps wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:19 pm This is a solid state amp, right? Might narrow the Auckland field a bit since some amp techs prefer to stick to valve/tube stuff.

If you get stuck and can’t find anyone I might be able to walk you through a few tests you can do yourself. Might end up being something you can handle on your own with a can of contact cleaner.
Thanks for that I’ll keep it in mind. I’m in Tauranga so I can’t run through the dummy checks 😂
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

Delayman wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:54 am
jeremyb wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:41 pm
Delayman wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:48 pm Reviving an old thread with a new question. I gave my Gallien Kruger bass amp to my son in Auckland, and it’s developed a fault. Who would you guys recommend for taking something like that to? He’s in Three Kings/Mt Roskill.

Thanks
Maybe email these guys as they're the importer in NZ: https://musicbiz.co.nz/
Nah it’s quite old, I’m sure it wouldn’t be worth going to the importer.
But usually they will have preferred service agents they can put you onto :-)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.