1W Marshall's?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: 1W Marshall's?

Post by Kloppsta »

jeremyb wrote:Buy opsguy's katana head, bargain at $450, and does everything you need!
lol, been there done that :) had the Katana 2x12 combo and the Katana head a couple of months ago.

They are cool, but i couldn't coax a tone out of it that i liked enough to keep it without having to hook it up to my PC and mess with the software etc.

These days all i want is plug and play.
Little by little, by hook or by crook

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

DV MARK do s range of small heads that would be ideal
They certainly do have thump

http://www.dvmark.it/products/
:mental:

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

Kloppsta wrote::) had the Katana 2x12 combo and the Katana head a couple of months ago.

They are cool, but i couldn't coax a tone out of it that i liked enough to keep it without having to hook it up to my PC and mess with the software etc.

These days all i want is plug and play.
Not getting the tone you want is a trade off of playing at home friendly volumes... its missing the loud, and that's the point.

I have a Katana mini for at home, its not editable, so totally plug and play, 7w, 3 channels, all are useable, the crunch even cleans up ok when you wind the volume back. Have A/B'd it to using the AFD100 through a 2x12 with the power scaling right down, and the Katana definitely held its own - could even say superior when it comes to plug and play convenience.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

Check out the Vox MV50 Rock head. 50w, but also able to be dialled back to 5w and .5w. They are truly remarkable little heads, and give an awesome Marshally crunch at reasonable volume.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Polar Bear wrote:Check out the Vox MV50 Rock head. 50w, but also able to be dialled back to 5w and .5w. They are truly remarkable little heads, and give an awesome Marshally crunch at reasonable volume.
Also the joyo amps you stock seem to get a good rep
:mental:

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

Olderama wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:Check out the Vox MV50 Rock head. 50w, but also able to be dialled back to 5w and .5w. They are truly remarkable little heads, and give an awesome Marshally crunch at reasonable volume.
Also the joyo amps you stock seem to get a good rep
Whilst that’s true, the mv rock will monster the joyo. They’re killer amps in their own right, let alone the fact they’re tiny.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Kloppsta »

thanks again for all the suggestions guys. been doing some more reading and think i will either keep the Rivera and pick up a Fryette Power Station to attenuate it or still sell the Rivera and grab a power station for a power amp to run some pedals into.

the only thing i cant figure out is if the power station "self attenuates"? lol like, it acts as an attenuator when you run the speaker out of your amp into the amp in on the power station, but dont know if you can run a preamp into the line in instead and still run the volume super low and retain tone/feel.

in other words, using the power station as a power amp and attenuator by itself instead of incorporating an external amp into the mix. so i guess the question is, does the reactive load in the power station only work when using the "amp in" input or will it also work when using the "line in" input with an external preamp? nothing in the manual :(
Little by little, by hook or by crook

higainer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by higainer »

Kloppsta wrote:thanks again for all the suggestions guys. been doing some more reading and think i will either keep the Rivera and pick up a Fryette Power Station to attenuate it or still sell the Rivera and grab a power station for a power amp to run some pedals into.

the only thing i cant figure out is if the power station "self attenuates"? lol like, it acts as an attenuator when you run the speaker out of your amp into the amp in on the power station, but dont know if you can run a preamp into the line in instead and still run the volume super low and retain tone/feel.

in other words, using the power station as a power amp and attenuator by itself instead of incorporating an external amp into the mix. so i guess the question is, does the reactive load in the power station only work when using the "amp in" input or will it also work when using the "line in" input with an external preamp? nothing in the manual :(
The Power Station would be an excellent choice on multiple levels.
Pretty sure you can use a separate preamp ie: something like a Koch Pedaltone or Bogner Fish & have the Power Station as the power section.
Shoot Fryette an email.
Or just use it to keep the vol levels sensible on the Rivera.