Bollocks.... I think I want a Kemper :-(

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Re: Bollocks.... I think I want a Kemper :-(

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Molly wrote:I did wonder if the speaker portion of the sample could be switched off. Could i maybe swap out the speakers in one of my cabs or is that still too far from its intended use?
On the Kemper you can't turn any part of the chain off, because it is not modelled as a bunch of separate components in a chain, rather as just a single 'source'. It is clever how they do it...worth a read.

Swapping out the speakers on your cabs for FR/FR would help a bit, but not a lot. You need speakers and cabinets that are designed to give a flat response, like hifi speakers. (You could plug your Kemper into your hifi, if you have one.)

casemysta
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by casemysta »

For home use i just run thru studio speakers. The delays and verbs are great - unless youre running a bigsky or something i see no reason why u need to hold onto ur pedals. Some people run pedals infront of kemper which they do take well - but again , u generally can get a very similar tone out of the unit. Unless your Simon and want to sound like a symphony when you play. Pretty sure itll cater to your classic rock taste. Loving mine.
Molly wrote:
casemysta wrote:Agreed - We have IRS for a reason!
opsguy wrote:Camplifier from Ritter Amplification. I put one into a Kemper a few years back. Works ok. I personally would go unpowered and run through a powered FRFR.
Can you help me understand that? There's a disadvantage to going powered? I'd hoped I could treat it like an amp and run it through one or both of my cabs.

I already spend too much time rotating gear. Want to plug and play if possible. Can dig into it over time.

As a side question. Will it mean I can flick my reverb and overdrive pedals? Just thinking about what I can sell to help fund it.

Thanks.
Last edited by casemysta on Tue May 29, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

casemysta wrote:Brian - 1754.61 from kemper direct ( free shipping also) and 45 day return policy
This is with bag and mission pedal. Also have options of white face which is cooler too.
Not accurate :P

There's GST and Duty fee's as well..

£1,754.61 = approx $3400 NZD

Item 1
Musical instruments
Original value 1,754.61 GBP
NZ Value @0.5 exchange rate
3,509.22 NZD
Duty @0.00 0.00 NZD
GST @15% 526.38 NZD
Item duty 526.38 NZD
Freight 0.00 GBP
GST on freight
0.00 NZD
Sub total
526.38 NZD
Entry fees
49.24 NZD
Total to pay
$575.62
+ 3,509.22

$4084.84 :lol:
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

SimpleSi wrote:
Soon adds up, eh? Be good if it slipped through unnoticed.

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

Molly wrote:
SimpleSi wrote:
My very first kemper arrived no customs.

was $3200 at the time because the exchange for us was better.
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

SimpleSi wrote:
Molly wrote:
SimpleSi wrote:
My very first kemper arrived no customs.

was $3200 at the time because the exchange for us was better.
Yep, the rate is shit right now. Long term the NZ$ has been gaining against Sterling but in the past year or so it's slumped back a bit. Surprising the implications of that when you're looking at property over there. It's the difference between a mortgage and no mortgage. :-(

casemysta
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by casemysta »

Come on Simon .. ofc i was referring to pounds ... and ofc I was not Including customs fees ...

SimpleSi wrote:
casemysta wrote:Brian - 1754.61 from kemper direct ( free shipping also) and 45 day return policy
This is with bag and mission pedal. Also have options of white face which is cooler too.
Not accurate :P

There's GST and Duty fee's as well..

£1,754.61 = approx $3400 NZD

Item 1
Musical instruments
Original value 1,754.61 GBP
NZ Value @0.5 exchange rate
3,509.22 NZD
Duty @0.00 0.00 NZD
GST @15% 526.38 NZD
Item duty 526.38 NZD
Freight 0.00 GBP
GST on freight
0.00 NZD
Sub total
526.38 NZD
Entry fees
49.24 NZD
Total to pay
$575.62
+ 3,509.22

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by Kiwiaxe »

olegmcnoleg wrote:
Molly wrote:I did wonder if the speaker portion of the sample could be switched off. Could i maybe swap out the speakers in one of my cabs or is that still too far from its intended use?
On the Kemper you can't turn any part of the chain off, because it is not modelled as a bunch of separate components in a chain, rather as just a single 'source'. It is clever how they do it...worth a read.

Swapping out the speakers on your cabs for FR/FR would help a bit, but not a lot. You need speakers and cabinets that are designed to give a flat response, like hifi speakers. (You could plug your Kemper into your hifi, if you have one.)
FYI this is wrong (sorry). It used to be closer to the truth,
But not anymore.

Read https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index ... -profiles/

Some well known Kemper users (eg Michael Britt) run FOH as a profile including cab, whilst running at the same time that same profile minus the cab part on the Kemper into a guitar cab on stage for the usual feel and sound of a guitar cab.

bluesierra
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by bluesierra »

I previously owned a powered Kemper and could get great tones going through a 4x12 with Vintage 30s.

Personally I would go a powered version.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Kiwiaxe wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:

But not anymore.

Some well known Kemper users (eg Michael Britt) run FOH as a profile including cab, whilst running at the same time that same profile minus the cab part on the Kemper into a guitar cab on stage for the usual feel and sound of a guitar cab.
I'd be happier if I could do that. I've two really nice cabs here. Be good if I could utilise them.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Molly wrote:
Kiwiaxe wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:

But not anymore.

I'd be happier if I could do that. I've two really nice cabs here. Be good if I could utilise them.
Stereo Multiamp

Just sayin

Again ;)
:mental:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Olderama wrote: Stereo Multiamp

Just sayin

Again ;)
Oh. You never said. ;-)

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Kiwiaxe wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:

But not anymore.

Oh, that’s interesting, and it makes sense, thanks. So there are some Kemper profiles that you can add your own speaker colour to. I’ll need to look out for those.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Hd500 just saying again...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sunburster
Squier
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by sunburster »

Bg wrote:Hd500 just saying again...
I think the Boss GT-100 is a better unit overall for a similar price.