Bollocks.... I think I want a Kemper :-(

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Re: Bollocks.... I think I want a Kemper :-(

Post by JHorner »

chur wrote:
Olderama wrote:
Molly wrote:
Interesting. I'll give it more thought. Anticipated I'd be buying a third party equivalent of the amp Kemper build into their powered heads.
I had one of these for my eleven rack and was plenty loud enough and didn’t colour my sound
https://www.musicplanet.co.nz/electro-h ... eramp.html

:)
Mooer baby bomb looks pretty good too in this small package size.
Would the Quilter Microblock 45 on trademe also do the trick?

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

JHorner wrote:
chur wrote:
Olderama wrote: I had one of these for my eleven rack and was plenty loud enough and didn’t colour my sound
https://www.musicplanet.co.nz/electro-h ... eramp.html

:)
Mooer baby bomb looks pretty good too in this small package size.
Would the Quilter Microblock 45 on trademe also do the trick?
Yeah definitely
Pair that with my DVmark 112 ;)

It's a winner
:mental:

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

If I had a Kemper the first thing I would do is get studio monitors and an interface that do it justice. When playing at home a DAW setup lets you get a mix with backing tracks etc that's much like what a player would hear laying down tracks in a studio with the amp miked up in another room.

The cheap option is a DI box into an interface and just use plugins and IRs. No outboard modelling unit or amp and load box needed. I got by for two years in Canada like that. A few hundred dollars instead of a few thousand and most peeps could not tell the difference.

I still stick to my Laney IRT Studio with its built in load box running to my DAW. I am not sure if the tubes make a difference, but I like its sound and it is easy to use, so it stays.

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

Aquila Rossa wrote:If I had a Kemper the first thing I would do is get studio monitors and an interface that do it justice. When playing at home a DAW setup lets you get a mix with backing tracks etc that's much like what a player would hear laying down tracks in a studio with the amp miked up in another room.

The cheap option is a DI box into an interface and just use plugins and IRs. No outboard modelling unit or amp and load box needed. I got by for two years in Canada like that. A few hundred dollars instead of a few thousand and most peeps could not tell the difference.

I still stick to my Laney IRT Studio with its built in load box running to my DAW. I am not sure if the tubes make a difference, but I like its sound and it is easy to use, so it stays.
Get the Focusrite solo and save on the DI :thumbup: Low latency too. Pretty sure my solo came with a Bias amps plugin too which sounds good to my ears.
I do like using outboard gear though so I can twist knobs etc, but could get by home jamming with software amps.
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Just how beautiful is this... warms the heart and soul eh ?

Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

sizzlingbadger wrote:Just how beautiful is this... warms the heart and soul eh ?

Is that a bias amp 2 screenshot?