Achieving a saturated and sustaining clean tone?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Re: Achieving a saturated and sustaining clean tone?

Post by Reg18 »

Scooter13 wrote:Have you got any delay or reverb added on the amp. It goes a long way to making a DI signal sound sustaining and alive on my little THD10. I would suggest taking the amp home. It models tubes so you should be able to get a nice compression from it by adjusting the gain/master interaction. Also try the crunch (vox) and Lead (plexi) models on a lower gain setting. It might be more of a clean you like.
I think the TH100HD only has Reverb not delay built in, which seems a little strange that the 10watt would have extra features and not the bigger brother.
I had a tiny bit of Reverb on last time I used it.
I like the Crunch channel quite a lot but haven’t spent any time playing it a low gain so maybe I need to give that a go.
I still don’t understand the Volume/Master Volume/Gain interaction. We found the fullest sound was with the Volume on full, gain set half way on the clean channel and use the Master as exactly that, to set the overall MV.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Achieving a saturated and sustaining clean tone?

Post by Bg »

Yep, you need to get it home and have a good play around with it :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.