NAD.... Tweedy

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Re: NAD.... Tweedy

Post by Conway »

Why did you choose a C.Rex rather than a Jensen speaker?
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Initially I wanted an alnico jensen, but wasn't cashed up when one became available. So started looking at other options and there were many good reviews for the cannabis rex, good solid bottom (oh-err) and available for a semi-decent price in nz without spending even more of my cash on shipping, which frustrates no end. I looked at lots of eminence/5e3 reviews and it really stood out. So basically an experiment :)

We should do a shoot out , though yours would have the power of G.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1309 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by MikeC »

I fell for a WGS G12Q in my 5E3 combo (pine cab by BG of course) - it's their American voiced 20 Watt lowish efficiency speaker. And I stick it in parallel with an open back Mesa Wideboy cab housing an Eminence Legend 1258 to get some great edgy cleans - think "Keep on Rockin' me Baby". 5E3's do a great clean (albeit not too loudly). Luv 'em!
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

So what sort of price am I looking at for the built amp Mike or is that best through PM? I have been in hospital for 3 weeks and 10 operations and have a few more to go so a nice get out of hospital pressie is in order.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MikeC »

3 weeks and 10 ops sounds like a bad marathon, jeez I hope you're fixed :) Unfortunately I don't actually have any 5E3s apart from my own I'm sorry to say. Conway grabbed the last one. BUT I have a brand new PT, an OT, some of the parts, BG to build a pine tweed combo cab and I could order all the rest (chassis etc) & build you one. PM me and we can have a chat.

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

Unfortunately I copped necrotising cellulitis (flesh eating disease) , toxic shock and all the rest, died in thatre, don't remember 2 1/2 weeks after getting in the ambulance. All the skin etc in my lower leg is gone down to the muscle.

I'll PM later tonight or tomorrow, quite interested in this.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MikeC »

Hell's teeth that's bloody awful. Wifey is a nurse and she just told me flesh eating disease it's more common than most of us know (but not "common as") and it's very very serious. Glad you pulled through.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

k1w1 wrote:Unfortunately I copped necrotising cellulitis (flesh eating disease) , toxic shock and all the rest, died in thatre, don't remember 2 1/2 weeks after getting in the ambulance. All the skin etc in my lower leg is gone down to the muscle.
Bloody Hell! There are no words.....
Best wishes k1w1.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

k1w1 wrote:Unfortunately I copped necrotising cellulitis (flesh eating disease) , toxic shock and all the rest, died in thatre, don't remember 2 1/2 weeks after getting in the ambulance. All the skin etc in my lower leg is gone down to the muscle.

Good lord Laurie! Thats shite - glad you pulled through obviously. Puts lots of petty things in perspective at least!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Bg wrote:

Good lord Laurie! Thats shite - glad you pulled through obviously. Puts lots of petty things in perspective at least!
Shit just read it properly, you're still in there? I hope they've caught it all don't want to lose you mate!

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

Thanks guys, yeah it has been a rough ride to say the least, 10 ops under general and I don't know how many injections/pic lines etc. BG, I'll be in another couple of weeks, skin graft took well but need to learn to walk again.

Now back to the tweed, Mike the PM isn't working for me, the hospital wifi is really slow. Can you send an email to laurie (dot) franks1 at gmail (dot) com and I will reply with details.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Holy crap man, glad you made it back to the land of the living!!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Sending good vibes... man that sound rough.

I want a tweed amp now ya buggers !
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MikeC »

Laurie - just emailed!

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Bg wrote:Initially I wanted an alnico jensen, but wasn't cashed up when one became available. So started looking at other options and there were many good reviews for the cannabis rex, good solid bottom (oh-err) and available for a semi-decent price in nz without spending even more of my cash on shipping, which frustrates no end. I looked at lots of eminence/5e3 reviews and it really stood out. So basically an experiment :)

We should do a shoot out , though yours would have the power of G.
Grants got a Celestion Blue, I reckon that would sound good in one of these amps.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...