Just meant to be -for now

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Sheriffdohboy
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 55 times

Just meant to be -for now

Post by Sheriffdohboy »

after months of trying to sell my amp head via TM and FB marketplace to no avail have decided maybe it’s not meant for another
Hooked her up to a new to me old Rockit 1x12 with a Hiwatt speaker and realised maybe it’s my forever (for now)amp
Been through several amps in the last few years and was wanting to find another of my faves..orange Rocker 30,,,
New cab means discovering new tones ….happy days
Attachments
29181974-4A55-47EC-B9A6-F48054852D98.jpeg
29181974-4A55-47EC-B9A6-F48054852D98.jpeg (3.87 MiB) Viewed 3428 times

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 1072 times

Re: Just meant to be -for now

Post by NippleWrestler »

Their website being very 2006 doesn't help matters. I went looking for info on the amp and it's very scarce. In the end I chatted with Makos (amp builder) on Facebook about the amp and what it was designed to do. He said it was very tight and had a more British style thing going on, and it was a design about 10 years old that had since been changed/refined but yours had some extra add-ons like the shine push/pull that weren't standard.

Maybe it's destiny you're meant to have it. I bet it'd be great through a decent 2x12.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 248 times

Post by griff »

Speakers are 50% of the tone and all that

Sheriffdohboy
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Sheriffdohboy »

NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:04 am Their website being very 2006 doesn't help matters. I went looking for info on the amp and it's very scarce. In the end I chatted with Makos (amp builder) on Facebook about the amp and what it was designed to do. He said it was very tight and had a more British style thing going on, and it was a design about 10 years old that had since been changed/refined but yours had some extra add-ons like the shine push/pull that weren't standard.

Maybe it's destiny you're meant to have it. I bet it'd be great through a decent 2x12.
Very apt description,,, it’s a fantastic amp and it would be great to see more Kaosamp builds around, the stuff on his FB page is fantastic love the aesthetic. I would almost liken it to a pushed plexi tone.
Totally agree about the 2x12 and will definitely look for one in the future when budget allows

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I kept looking at that amp, it's interesting and probably worth hanging on to. Its probably better made than the Orange amps too. Modding it to match your needs would also be easy due to its construction.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

I'll dig out my photos of when I got it
It was in a sorry state after it's courier mishap

Saying that it was red when I had it

Found them
Attachments
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (625.28 KiB) Viewed 3219 times
image2.JPG
image2.JPG (533.48 KiB) Viewed 3219 times
image3.JPG
image3.JPG (477.49 KiB) Viewed 3219 times
:mental:

Sheriffdohboy
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Sheriffdohboy »

Yep I sanded the headshell back and stained it black.....may look to tolex one day and change the tweed out front for some marshall style grill cloth

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Sheriffdohboy wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:27 am Yep I sanded the headshell back and stained it black.....may look to tolex one day and change the tweed out front for some marshall style grill cloth
The sad thing is I never got to hear it 😪
:mental:

Sheriffdohboy
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Sheriffdohboy »

If you are ever in West Auckland more than happy to let you have a play on the amp….would seem the right thing to do if karma is a true thing

Sheriffdohboy
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Sheriffdohboy »

Olderama wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:30 am
Sheriffdohboy wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:27 am Yep I sanded the headshell back and stained it black.....may look to tolex one day and change the tweed out front for some marshall style grill cloth
The sad thing is I never got to hear it 😪

/If you are ever in West Auckland more than happy to let you have a play on the amp….would seem the right thing to do if karma is a true thing